DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use a 12V DC power supply to charge Mavic air batteries?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
It would be smarter buying car charger. I am very glad with mine, dual, about twenty minutes or less. Bats always cold, good indication. The danger is car bat can drain! So at 60watts each bat charged, you gotta anticipate car draining and must run car engine to replenish car bat. Your setup is identical, aux car bat.

Like I said, the Smatree portable charger solved all my needs; was pricey but well worth the money in my opinion.

Also very handy if you walk some distance to fly. It comes with you and can keep you flying for a long time. Can recommend

Smart tree is money spent AmpHour foolish. Take exact money to costco or sam's club auto battery and you'll get twentyfold more AmpHrs? Hookup the car charger dual. Twenty minutes dual batteries ready up from 30-40% initial condition. Only concern, you must recharge the costco automotive battery once in awhile.

Smart tree is money spent AmpHour foolish. Take exact money to costco or sam's club auto battery and you'll get twentyfold more AmpHrs? Hookup the car charger dual. Twenty minutes dual batteries ready up from 30-40% initial condition. Only concern, you must recharge the costco automotive battery once in awhile.
may be it is money foolishly spent for you, but I found that it was exactly what I needed. I get at least six batteries worth of recharge from it and starting with three fully charged batteries to begin with; that is 9 batteries worth of flying on the go. You also overlook the fact that when hiking, or traveling - one does not always take the car with them. When judging a product, it is better to remind ourselves everyone has their own specific use cases.

Doppler you are so right. This charges my batteries, phone, ipad and remote control. I can sit somewhere for a day if I so wish.

No!
Hiking that brick for nine out of three bats is too hardship, maybe six readied intelligent flight bats max hike payload.
You gotta carry other stuff too, eight hours in eight hours out, plenty water canteened.
Does brick weigh more than nine intelligent flight bats?
Trail can be intense taxation ascending descending on human capacity physically. I tried and since no wind, it gets worse, heat , dehydrate, fatigue. And i weigh ninetyfive pounds so that means less energy moving myself plus payload.

What about this?
dcdc

Does it work from 3S Lipo? No damage to the battery if i set voltage correctly?

What about this?
dcdc

Does it work from 3S Lipo? No damage to the battery if i set voltage correctly?
Will depend on the regulation and how clean the output is (assuming you can set the output voltage accurately). Some of these cheap boost converters work well- some are rubbish.

Like what WTB said above, all it needs to do is provide a consistent, stable current of 13.2V at 3.79A. That is all the stock DJI brick adapter does, all the intelligent charging functions are built in to the batteries themselves. So the question is not whether it will work or not but how well it will work and whether it is worth the potential risk. I went through a brief DIY phase of experimental charging solutions and decided it was not worth it. I bought the Smatree portable charging station and that was that.

Thx, so if i have a clean, stable 13.2V output then it will work fine.
In worst case if the voltage will be higher will my battery dead?
Seriuos protection is inside the battery's smart circuit, isn't?

Both under current and over current protection functions are in the battery, so the battery will likely be OK even in a worset case scenario. But why experiment with expensive batteries?

Because i have 3 expensive batteries, and many 3S lipos which i cannot use in my drones anymore, but it would be nice for charging air batteries while all day hiking for example.

I understand that. How many of those LiPOs do you have? What capacity are they? How many recharges are you hoping to get out of this (accounting for loss during conversion)? I know I am sounding like a sells man but if your use case involves a lot of hiking, get the Smatree portable charging station. Totally worth the price. But if your need for recharging on the go is limited to only once or twice a year, it might not be worth the price.

For EUR160?? No, thanks :)
I have many 3S 4000 and 5000 lipos, which i can use for recharge.
I dont want to spend more than EUR20 for this project..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31