DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use a RC500 smart controller for 2 different ships?

Smart Controller is only compatible with drones using GO 4, so Mavic Air 2 is a no go, as you cannot install Fly onto the Smart Controller.

However, you can use it for multiple different drones that all use GO 4.

Edit: Apparently, DJI did "smartly" update their Smart Controller to Fly compatibility for use with other drones. See other posts below!

Last edited:
I use the original Smart Controller with my Mavic 2 Pro with the Go4 app and also use it for my Mini 2 with the Fly App.
This is a list of compatible aircraft.

Which DJI drones are compatible with the Smart Controller? The DJI Smart Controller is compatible with most DJI drones including the DJI Mini 2, DJI Mavic2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2 and Phantom 4 Pro V2. 0 series.
1711809621034.png
D1 Store | Australia's Authorised DJI Retail Store › dji-s...

DJI Smart Controller - Buy DJI™ Drones & Parts @D1 Store - DJI™ Authorized Distributor in AU

Reactions: GadgetGuy and SethB
Thanks for the correction. My bad. I don't own one, so I was unaware of the update that later added that capability. When was the Fly compatibility update released?
It looks like release was in Sept. 2020, with the Air 2 as the first supported drone. Then the A2s in April 2021. I think I started with it in late 2021 when I added the A2s to my fleet and got interested, having previously used the SC with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J