DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can the Googles fly Mavic Pro without remote on?

tjcooper

Reactions
in the settings menu there is an icon to have drone lift up to 10 feet being controlled sole by the googles. Does that mean the googles can
fly the MP without a RC being on? I seem to remember a video tutorial from DUI showing that you can control where the drone flys exclusively
from the googles. But not sure if RC was on first.

So can you fly MP with just the googles?
tjcooper

Reactions: Rezajafari
No. What you are thinking of is head tracking. The Remote Controller always need to maintain connection to fly the Mavic. Head tracking is where one can turn thier head while wearing the DJI Googles and have the Mavic respond to the movement.

thanks for response. Please look at my question again. There is a menu option in the googles where you can hit an icon and have the googles lift the drone off the ground by 10 feet and then hover. That was what was making me think the the googles by themselves can control certain aspects of the drone flying.
tjcooper

That feature as well as head tracking requires the Remote Control to be paired with and connected to the Mavic that you would like those functions to be performed upon.

Try it without the Remote Controller connected and make sure to post a video of it and a link here. Should be a hoot !

Just went out in driveway and tested the "only goggles" control of MP. You are right, when you hit the "takeoff" button in the TOOLS menu, nothing happens. I had someone hold the drone so that if it took off with no control we could just hold it still until the RC could come on line. Made a video but very boreing.

Did turn on RC and did hit the "takeoff". It only lifts up 4 feet off the ground and hovers. In the goggles the "takeoff" is then replaced with "RTH" icon. I was also in Headtracking Gimbal mode and that did not work until I turned on the RC to connect.

I could swear I saw a DJI video tutorial where they showed how you could control the flight path of the MP from the goggles. But maybe they had the RC on and just hidden in the pocket of the actor that was doing the demonstration.

Anyway, accept my apology for being wrong on control with only the goggles.
tjcooper

Reactions: Rezajafari and BD0G
No need to apologize, but I must say that you are one courteous fellow!

The only true link to the Mavic is the Remote Controller and everything else that wants to connect needs to go thought that device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803