DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

can waypoints be programmed on the ground?

KLJ5

Reactions
Hi everyone. I've recently upgraded (I thought) from Mavic 2 Pro to Mavic 3 Pro. I'm glad I kept my Mavic 2 Pro because when I go to create a waypoint flight plan on the ground on the Mavic 3, I'm denied the ability to do so. I start by turning on the DJI RC controller and then the drone. I click on the 'waypoints' icon on the left side of the screen and I see a message informing me that I need to be in flight to program waypoints. Is that just the way it is, or am I missing something? Someone on the DJI Forum said to just do the programming without turning on the drone, but I have no knowledge of how to do that. Please advise as to whether that's just the way it is, or ..... Thanx in advance.
P.S. I've watched the very well done DJI video on how to program while in flight and understand the advantages of doing so in the air vs on the ground. Apart from the convenience of doing the programming at home, I'm not a fan of spending a full flight programming with head down in the controller - either from a perspective of maintaining a good safe lookout at all times as well as burning a full battery while programming waypoints in flight.

Turn off the drone...you just activate the controller...go to camera view....sometimes it takes a minute to pop up...hit squiggly line at the left ( waypoints icon) I use the "mixed" map view ...and a stylus...if you have fat fingers, it is hard to do it...the drone does have to be off

There should be the Camera View in bottom right corner on the display. Just click on that. It should be as simple as that.
I found it!! On my controller, I see a box on the lower right of the screen labelled 'Connection Guide'. Clicking that brings up a new page at the top left of which there's a label, 'Camera View' with a little arrow pointing right. Clicking that arrow brings up camera view. My mother used to say we get up every day to learn something new. I've done that, so guess I can now go back to bed. :>) Thanx for your help.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916