DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you recover from Stuck Gimbal?

HeadShake

Reactions
Hi folks,

I bought a Mavic Air 2. It needs the left rear axis pivot replaced. i was told that is all that was wrong with the drone. I learned this is not the case. I fired the drone up and the gimbal settles at the usual 20ish degree off horizon that so many people address online. I also get a gimbal stuck message. I looked at the camera closely and could see that the spot where the yaw motor shaft pushes into and seats to the gimbal had separated. The motor directly at the back of the camera. I pressed the camera back and was able to get control of the camera. It operated perfectly. So I pressed the pivot in and used a little epoxy to hold the shaft in place. I could not find any information at all about how the shaft is supposed to be mounted. It looks like it could have just been a pressed part. Now the epoxy is dried and I get a gimbal stuck error. Nothing is stuck. Nothing is impeding movement. I also tried the command line calibration with python. The command for calibration was not able to compete. It reported unexpected error from gimbal. I have no experience with these cameras or model of DJI. My experience is with different models over the years. I do know that there is little tricks in many cases to repair nonsense errors. This one is nonsense. Or something is wrong that is something other than a stuck gimbal even though the stuck gimbal is the displayed error. Does anyone know such a trick? A new gimbal is not so expensive, but I thought I would try this knowledge base first. Thanks.

This is why you need to send repairs to DJI. They are very reasonable and you are more than likely to receive a new or factory refurbished drone in return.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Precisely what commands did you type into the command line?

You might find
and the linked thread useful.

This is why you need to send repairs to DJI. They are very reasonable and you are more than likely to receive a new or factory refurbished drone in return.
This is one of those cases where I tend to agree with that thinking. I asked for a quote earlier today. Even still, like I mentioned, this may also be a scenario where someone knows a trick to get rid of a ghost error.

If you can't fix, DJI A2 replacement without warranty is $160. Get a shipping label, send drone only, and (like) new arrives in 2 weeks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000