DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you replace a mavic pro camera with a mavic pro platinum camera?

Many thanks! I crashed and broke my gimbal assembly, and I found a mavic pro platinum for sale that has a motherboard issue but says the camera is fine. I'm new to drones and can't afford to send it away for repair at the moment so I'm resorting to piecing it together on my own.

Another Quick Question: Would it make more sense to replace the mother board on the Mavic platinum, and use my old MP for parts?

Many thanks! I crashed and broke my gimbal assembly, and I found a mavic pro platinum for sale that has a motherboard issue but says the camera is fine. I'm new to drones and can't afford to send it away for repair at the moment so I'm resorting to piecing it together on my own.

Another Quick Question: Would it make more sense to replace the mother board on the Mavic platinum, and use my old MP for parts?
I think not. I believe battery life is the only difference. Like keel there are more problems with the MPP than appear on first “glance”.

Well Thomas, I believe if there's a Patron Saint of Drones I'm pretty sure it's you. St. Thomas Of Mavic has a ring to it. Thanks again for your help...this is a daunting task for an old timer.

Well Thomas, I believe if there's a Patron Saint of Drones I'm pretty sure it's you. St. Thomas Of Mavic has a ring to it. Thanks again for your help...this is a daunting task for an old timer.
I’m still a learner as all pilots are... and hardly a saint. ;)

I just hopes this works out because I'm seriosly addicted, and I'm starting to get the shakes from not flying for so long. Is there a Drone flying anonymous group I can join until I get my fix?
One of the reasons I own multiple drones, including some older favorites like my Spark.

Reactions: CarltonNYC
Do be careful when working on the gimbal.
Those ribbon leads and connections are very delicate.

I hope you can manage the swap.

Ruud

Can you replace a mavic pro camera with a mavic pro platinum camera? Thanks!
I crashed a couple years ago and the gimbal broke, along with some body damage. DJI repair was only $200, something to keep in mind if you're buying another mavic to part out. Might be less hassle and possibly cheaper to just get it repaired :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico