DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you replace the motherboard to a mini 3 pro?

alexjo55

Reactions
Is it possible to do that?

I have a mini 3 now but since i want to remove the 500m limit, i need a mini 3 pro.
Can get a mini 3 pro motherboard pretty cheap instead of buying a new drone, but is it possible to do this?

The mini 3 pro have sensors wich the mini 3 dont have, but other than that, they are the same, right?

Didn't mavic3usa's answer to your recent, similar question/thread and your own observations in this thread give you some inclining into the probable answer to the question of this thread ?
Since the butchered drone would lack the OA sensors I would suspect the mini 3 pro mb would generate sensor error warnings and probably refuse to fly and that excludes any other incompatibilities between other hardware, firmware and the requirement for mutual inter calibration between the hardwares.

But why don't you try it and see ?

Reactions: Cafguy
Short answer-NO
Your components serial numbers do not match the motherboards number and you would need to Either:
1. Send the rebuilt drone to DJI so that they may use "RepairTool" to match the numbers. ( Costly-- May still not work. ).
2. Download the Cloned version of RepairTool from a service and do it yourself. ( costly and Time Consuming--May still not work. ).
3. Purchase a Mini 3Pro Drone. ( Costly, Little time involved, Will of course work. ).

'Replacing the mainboard' requires re-soldering the motors to the tiniest solder points there are and working with the tiniest connectors known to man.

It's not a trivial thing to do, not possible at all unless somebody's really good with a soldering iron.

Didn't mavic3usa's answer to your recent, similar question/thread and your own observations in this thread give you some inclining into the probable answer to the question of this thread ?
Since the butchered drone would lack the OA sensors I would suspect the mini 3 pro mb would generate sensor error warnings and probably refuse to fly and that excludes any other incompatibilities between other hardware, firmware and the requirement for mutual inter calibration between the hardwares.

But why don't you try it and see ?

'Replacing the mainboard' requires re-soldering the motors to the tiniest solder points there are and working with the tiniest connectors known to man.

It's not a trivial thing to do, not possible at all unless somebody's really good with a soldering iron.
You have no idea what you are talking about:

Is this some sort of Project?
You realize that you do not have to use DJI products if you are not happy with some of its limitations or features. Other companies produce drones-- or do what I do and build one the way you want it, with no limits or proprietary Software. Its your choice, BUT Piecing together DJI parts to make a drone do something that DJI did not intend it to do will not only be wasting LOTS of Money, BUT will not work anyway.
Having said that, Exactly what are you wanting to do? There Just may be a way- Maybe.
If you are trying to get a drone to operate without a component such as sensors or on most new models even a gimble or camera then the whole idea most likely will not work. You would need to replace any missing or broken components

Alright gang.... don't forget that "Be Nice" is one of our fundamental and core concepts here. It's written (explicitly) in our Community Rules a couple of different times.
Community Rules

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne