DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cant get litchi to connect to my mavic mini

gslibey

Reactions
I have followed every tutorial and suggestion regarding trouble connecting the Mavic mini to litchi. I have a moto z4 running android 10. When I plug the phone in after the mini and controller have paired, I get "Open DJI fly to handle MR1SS5". Do not get the option to choose which app to run. I have "forced stop" on the DJI fly app, restarted my phone, etc. Nothing seems to help. As an aside, I purchased this drone used on eBay. Could that have something to do with my problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
George

Be sure you have the beta version of Litchi that supports Mini, and the latest version of Fly.
With the right version of Litchi, your Android should give two choices of app for MR1SS5 to connect to, not just Fly, one being Litchi.

I think I have the right version but will double-check again,
The app would be called "Test Flight"... Not Litchi. If you have anything else you will not connect to your Mini.

The app would be called "Test Flight"... Not Litchi. If you have anything else you will not connect to your Mini.
And to add, the Litchi app must be uninstalled in order for the Beta to work properly..you can't have two versions of Litchi/Test Flight on same device.

And to add, the Litchi app must be uninstalled in order for the Beta to work properly..you can't have two versions of Litchi/Test Flight on same device.

I didn't even know that. Litchi customer support never told me that. No wonder why I couldn't get the thing to work. It wasn't that important to me so I (at least for the moment) deleted the beta version. I'm wrestling with Dronelink now. Probably twice as many options as Litchi but 10x more difficult to learn.

Well I went to the litchi web site, selected be a tester, selected android, took me to "app: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire/Spark"
Says welcome to the testing program. if you don't have app: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire/Spark download it on google play. I selected the link, downloaded, by it is still called just litchi. not test, still doesn't connect. PS this is the only copy of the litchi app on my phone.

This has become an obsession for me. I want to fly FPV and litchi had the split-screen option so your phone will fit in headgear, Any other app does the same without the hassle (for me at least) getting it to work?

I had some difficulty initially. You must join the Litchi beta programme for android and purchase the app via that route. the version you need to download is v4.18.0_BETA-g Build 3640. If you run into difficulty contact Litchi support via their website. They helped me quite quickly

Well, I finally got litchi up and running. Works great. I'm having a blast flying FPV around the house!
I think I didn't wait long enough for the beta version to download. I just opened it up the next day and there was the option to run DJI or litchi. Cool.

Not on Android. It's just called Litchi, but you need to opt into the beta.

Not on Android. It's just called Litchi, but you need to opt into the beta.

I see. Thanks for the correction. I wonder why they have to do it differently for the different OS's?

I only recently came to learn that I was supposed to delete the regular Litchi program and only run the Beta. I couldn't bring myself to do it, as I'm using it a lot for my M2, though I might just do it for a time to see how it operates with the Mini. In the meantime I've purchased Dronelink and my eyes are totally glazed over due to the extensive sequential regimen and so many more steps needed for a simple mission. I'll try to revisit it this weekend as I think it has some potential that Litchi doesn't cover.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun