DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cant pair new controller

FlyKai97

Reactions
Hello, So I have a Mini2 and I was flying it by the ocean in Oregon and I had it in a case around my shoulder and a big wave knocked me over and salt water entered my carrying case and the drone survived but the controller got some saltwater in it and then quit working completely so I ordered a different controller and when I went to pair the new controller to the drone it said that I had to upair the old one but when I took the steps to do so, it wouldnt let me unpair the old one without having it on, but the old one wont turn on to let me unpair it, any suggesstions on how to unpair the old one and pair the new one? The new one is the exact same as the old one.

Hello, So I have a Mini2 and I was flying it by the ocean in Oregon and I had it in a case around my shoulder and a big wave knocked me over and salt water entered my carrying case and the drone survived but the controller got some saltwater in it and then quit working completely so I ordered a different controller and when I went to pair the new controller to the drone it said that I had to upair the old one but when I took the steps to do so, it wouldnt let me unpair the old one without having it on, but the old one wont turn on to let me unpair it, any suggesstions on how to unpair the old one and pair the new one? The new one is the exact same as the old one.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Contact DJI support

any suggesstions on how to unpair the old one and pair the new one?
Make sure your new controller is a RC-N1 or RC321, other models like the RC-N2 won't work with the Mini 2.
You don't need to unpair your old controller.

Simply hold the following combination on your new controller while it's on: Fn button, Switch Camera mode Button, and Record/Photo button for about 5 seconds. It will start repeatedly beeping.
Then get your drone, power it on, and after the gimbal has done calibrating, hold the power button for about 5 seconds, it will also start beeping and promptly link to the RC. You DO NOT need to have your phone plugged in during this process.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Do you have care repair on the drone? thats a whole nother deal with the drone and controller being locked to each other.
if Yaros method doesn't fix it, contact DJI support.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne