DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't update Air 2 passed 01.01.0610

HeavenBound

Reactions
I wrecked my Air 2 (my fault). It was working perfectly with zoom and all the extras. I sent it in to DJI (care refresh) without my RC as I didn't see that in the instructions and got a refresh from DJI. I linked the drone to my RC (i think), linked it to my account (i think). I went to update the firmware from 01.01.0610 to V01.00.0340 and it wouldn't over the internet. I deleted DJI FLY and installed new app 1.4.8 from 1.4.4, new battery, re-booted everything and it still wouldn't(several times). So I tried Assistant 2 and it only showed version 01.01.0610 and would I like to refresh it. It didn’t show any other number. Tried ALL this several times but can't get past 01.01.0610 being the only one showing. I even deleted Assistant 2 and downloaded a fresh copy and still same results. The drone flies great but am missing all the features that the latest firmware brings. This Drone serial number is different than the one I sent in. I checked all over the forum and tried most things to no avail.
Two days out of my life I'll never get back (I'm 80yr's). Flying is something I really enjoy. Fully and completely frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

My computer is Windows 7, does what I want (if it ain't broke don't fix it).
I’m using a no-cell Ipad mini 5 (don‘t know anything about Apple, just use it to fly)
DJI FLY App 1.4.8

Assistant 2 Reports:
Drone 01.01.0610 (no other versions listed)
RC V04.11.0016 asked if I wanted to downgrade (i didn't).
Thanks

Do you have any connection rc to ac? Camera, etc. Should be able to link with existing firmware. If not you need to get it linked before messing with updates. Any messages about firmware mismatch?

I linked the repaired drone from DJI to my controller and am also linked to my DJI account. Air 2 flys well. Camera is good but no zoom. Everything seems ok but I cannot update to the latest firmware, no zoom etc. I haven't contacted DJI yet, thought I would get a faster response here. Firmware on drone and firmware on controller IS mismatched as above but no messages anyware. I tried downloading a fresh Assistant 2 Mavic today to try again but no luck on the drone and Assistant asks me if I want an earlier firmware for the controller but I declined. Maybe I should try an earlier firmware on the controller so drone and controller will be matched and then work up from there on both??? I don't know?

I wrecked my Air 2 (my fault). It was working perfectly with zoom and all the extras. I sent it in to DJI (care refresh) without my RC as I didn't see that in the instructions and got a refresh from DJI. I linked the drone to my RC (i think), linked it to my account (i think). I went to update the firmware from 01.01.0610 to V01.00.0340 and it wouldn't over the internet. I deleted DJI FLY and installed new app 1.4.8 from 1.4.4, new battery, re-booted everything and it still wouldn't(several times). So I tried Assistant 2 and it only showed version 01.01.0610 and would I like to refresh it. It didn’t show any other number. Tried ALL this several times but can't get past 01.01.0610 being the only one showing. I even deleted Assistant 2 and downloaded a fresh copy and still same results. The drone flies great but am missing all the features that the latest firmware brings. This Drone serial number is different than the one I sent in. I checked all over the forum and tried most things to no avail.
Two days out of my life I'll never get back (I'm 80yr's). Flying is something I really enjoy. Fully and completely frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

My computer is Windows 7, does what I want (if it ain't broke don't fix it).
I’m using a no-cell Ipad mini 5 (don‘t know anything about Apple, just use it to fly)
DJI FLY App 1.4.8

Assistant 2 Reports:
Drone 01.01.0610 (no other versions listed)
RC V04.11.0016 asked if I wanted to downgrade (i didn't).
Thanks

Isn't 01.01.0610 the latest version available? That's the latest listed on DJI's release notes: