DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Cape Sounio Poseidon Temple by drone

Tasos GR

Reactions
If the Athenians with the Parthenon honored Athena, one of the two claimants of the naming of the city, in Sounio they dedicated the temple to the second claimant, Poseidon.
There could not have been a better place than this.
A rock 60 meters high above the sea, in the southernmost point of the city, where those who leave Athens by boat pass for the last time, or the place where one first encounters when approaching Athens.
It is the same rock, where in a variation of the myth, Aegeas was standing, waiting for his son Theseus to return from Crete, and, when he saw in the background the ship with black sails, he jumped into the sea, which has since taken the his name, Aegean.

If the Athenians with the Parthenon honored Athena, one of the two claimants of the naming of the city, in Sounio they dedicated the temple to the second claimant, Poseidon.
A rock 60 meters high above the sea, in the southernmost point of the city, where those who leave Athens by boat pass for the last time, or the place where one first encounters when approaching Athens.
It is the same rock, where in a variation of the myth, Aegeas was standing, waiting for his son Theseus to return from Crete, and, when he saw in the background the ship with black sails, he jumped into the sea, which has since taken the his name, Aegean.
what a fantastic place Tasos! It was a big pleasure to discover the site and the very interesting history about Aegeas,
I didn´t know that! Thanks for the beautiful video and the background informations!??
cheers Paul

• Love
Reactions: Tasos GR
what a fantastic place Tasos! It was a big pleasure to discover the site and the very interesting history about Aegeas,
I didn´t know that! Thanks for the beautiful video and the background informations!??
cheers Paul
No, thank you my friend Paul for your feedback and your kind words.. appreciated! Have a wonderful day

Beautiful filming Tasos! I regret I didn't have the time on my trip to Greece to drive down to Poseidon Temple for the spectacular sunset and timelapse sunset. You captured it perfectly with the circle and the overhead views.

I think I may have already sent you the link to my film.

Your videos of Greece are stunning. I learn a lot about the land of my ancestors. Thanks!

Beautiful filming Tasos! I regret I didn't have the time on my trip to Greece to drive down to Poseidon Temple for the spectacular sunset and timelapse sunset. You captured it perfectly with the circle and the overhead views.

I think I may have already sent you the link to my film.
No you didnt, please do!

Your videos of Greece are stunning. I learn a lot about the land of my ancestors. Thanks!
Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind words.. appreciated! Have a wonderful day!!

Absolutely beautiful!! The temple really stands out against the deep blue water.

Do you know if the temple has any stablization done to it so it doesn't degrade further? It would be sad to see any more of it fall.

Absolutely beautiful!! The temple really stands out against the deep blue water.

Do you know if the temple has any stablization done to it so it doesn't degrade further? It would be sad to see any more of it fall.
Yes- it's being taken care of by the Surfside Condo Association

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Yes- it's being taken care of by the Surfside Condo Association
Dale, Dale, Dale - you're terrible! Where's the spraying emoji when you need it? I think the condo association could learn from the ancient Greeks. They built the temple in the 400's BC and a lot of it is still standing and they are just as close to the water.

Dale, Dale, Dale - you're terrible! Where's the spraying emoji when you need it? I think the condo association could learn from the ancient Greeks. They built the temple in the 400's BC and a lot of it is still standing and they are just as close to the water.
You are the first person I've gotten a rise out of!! Of course this is a sick joke, and an inside tongue in cheek joke, but it is meant to be exactly what you said. Good construction existed for centuries before crooked pay offs, zoning variances, shoddy construction (using beach sand for foundation support), and other shortcuts. The whole world admires these ancient ruins. They were able to construct massive structures that have withstood the test of centuries. I am sure you and I have both been to many of them. I've visited Angkor Wat (12th century), Jerusalem , 3000BC), Machu Picchu 15th century). They all seem to be standing. Even the pyramids are there- without rebar and mortar and structural engineers with degrees! Miami builders cannot even build a simple bridge over a road without it falling on cars and killing people.

Reactions: Prop Wash
I think you hit the key. Shortcuts for profit. I'm all for codes as long as they are implemented properly which so many builders do.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled thread!

Stunning video mate, is it legal to fly a drone in Sounio?
No, You have to be licensed by the Archaeological Service. Thank you

Reactions: tzdd

I know that they do regular restoration works and pay close attention to the monument. Thank you

No, You have to be licensed by the Archaeological Service. Thank you
Is there a fee and an entrance gate? Is there an official watching you? I saw nobody there in your video. I had considered the drive down there from Athens for a day trip to do a sunset timelapse but we did not have the time because we had a long drive to Delphie and Meteora.

DaleMiami

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine