DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care refresh: a good experience

Vilco

Reactions
Long story short: I half-trashed my mavic in active track, it made a side move I should have foreseen, anyway UPS took 2 days to deliver it to NL, DJI took 2 days to assess the issue and ask me what to do, I opted for a refresh and paid. The payment took 2 days then DJI put a new mavic on their shipping list, 2 days after it was in Italy then after the weekend it arrived today. A total of 14 days, or 10 work days, not bad.
After binding the remote to the mavic it connected but not to the app, the app felt there was a mavic there and always showed mavic, but I never got the "GO FLY" button, only "enter device", in blue instead of the usual grey we see when no mavic is connected.
So i uninstalled the app and reinstalled, and during the login process it made me activate the mavic and then update the firmware. I guess, but just logging out and back in would have probably been enough. Now it's updating the firmware to 0900, as my previous one was.
The mfg date is Tuesday, July, 11th 2017 as per serial number decoder. Does 'RP'
stand for Refurbished, or that would be a final 'R'?
All seems good and in half an hour I'll be flying again, with fingers crossed

"Refurb Product" Might be....not sure.
But as you stated it has a built/mfg date of July?

"Refurb Product" Might be....not sure.
But as you stated it has a built/mfg date of July?

Yes, July 11, and I also had to activate it. The log in and update process has been a pain in the *** since the controller was already at 0900 but the Mavic wasn't, so sometimes the app told me to update while other times it didn't and just said "enter device" but it was disconnected, no video feed, and the update failed many times due to "noetork unavailable" while i had full wi-fi and LTE on. After the fw update all is ok and the startup is always good on mavic, RC and app, but I couldn't fly due to friends coming in... it all looks like when I was with my old Mavic, let's see tomorrow

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507