DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carisbrooke Castle - One of the 10 Best Castles in England

Derlisz

Reactions
Carisbrooke Castle on a picturesque Isle of Wight. The castle is located on a steep hill overlooking Newport PO30 1XY. There have been a castle on this location since the roman times and despite on lack of any major battles or sieges this castle has been often modernised to ward off invasions from Spain and France. It has made it into history books thanks to being a place of imprisonment of Charles I while he has awaited his trial and later execution. A window through which the king was attempting to escape still exists today. This Castle has also been used as a summer Residence for Queen Victoria and the Royal Family before they have moved to the Osbourne House also located on the Isle of Wight. Castle walls and the central fort offer amazing views of the stunning countryside. You will also find within the walls a museum, restaurant and a live show involving a donkey (not a donkey show) where the animal demonstrates use of the wheel powering the wench of a very deep well supplying water to the caste in the past. These lovely and intelligent creatures only work a maximum of 6 minutes a day and can refuse to participate in the performance without without a worry of getting a P45. I would gladly swap with them!

I always wonder about that when visiting these old structures. Building one today would ba a massive undertaking but without all the machines I would call it an impossible feat.

Excellent video. I would like to film some English Heritage sites but they have severe restrictions and requirements. Drone filming
Was it straightforward to get permission?

Carisbrooke Castle on a picturesque Isle of Wight. The castle is located on a steep hill overlooking Newport PO30 1XY. There have been a castle on this location since the roman times and despite on lack of any major battles or sieges this castle has been often modernised to ward off invasions from Spain and France. It has made it into history books thanks to being a place of imprisonment of Charles I while he has awaited his trial and later execution. A window through which the king was attempting to escape still exists today. This Castle has also been used as a summer Residence for Queen Victoria and the Royal Family before they have moved to the Osbourne House also located on the Isle of Wight. Castle walls and the central fort offer amazing views of the stunning countryside. You will also find within the walls a museum, restaurant and a live show involving a donkey (not a donkey show) where the animal demonstrates use of the wheel powering the wench of a very deep well supplying water to the caste in the past. These lovely and intelligent creatures only work a maximum of 6 minutes a day and can refuse to participate in the performance without without a worry of getting a P45. I would gladly swap with them!

Excellent video. I would like to film some English Heritage sites but they have severe restrictions and requirements. Drone filming
Was it straightforward to get permission?
No need for permission from English Heritage so long as you take off from outside of their premises. Just follow the drone code. This is official stand of the CAA.

Reactions: 4wd
Although it's at the other end of the country I'm surprised I never heard of it - really nice video and a photogenic castle.
That's even better because you have had a nice surprise. Honestly I've come across some amazing palaces that aren't popular at all and yet are very interesting and pretty. This supposed to be one of the best looking/preserved castles. I've recently visited Arundel that is amazing and super busy and yet I haven't heard of it before. Found it on Google maps by chance.

Awesomizing!!!

Reactions: Derlisz
No need for permission from English Heritage so long as you take off from outside of their premises. Just follow the drone code. This is official stand of the CAA.
Thanks for that I will follow it up. Again a great video.

Thanks for that I will follow it up. Again a great video.
Once again thank you. The CAA have an online form that you can use for communication and they are quite good with providing clarification. They've also confirmed that I'm free to sell my pre existing footage shot as hobby so long as I wasn't contracted to do it prior to flight. They also have people on Twitter that can answer your queries. I remember someone forwarding an official information from CAA regarding to this to National Trust. They where not best pleased and said that CAA was wrong. Laughable along with the lies they put on their website. While I agree that flights should be done in a way minimising annoyance to anyone using the object they propose a blanket ban that will not stand and refer to baylaws that actually don't support it (I actually read them). Have a good time flying reasonably over all these beautiful places.

Once again thank you. The CAA have an online form that you can use for communication and they are quite good with providing clarification. They've also confirmed that I'm free to sell my pre existing footage shot as hobby so long as I wasn't contracted to do it prior to flight. They also have people on Twitter that can answer your queries. I remember someone forwarding an official information from CAA regarding to this to National Trust. They where not best pleased and said that CAA was wrong. Laughable along with the lies they put on their website. While I agree that flights should be done in a way minimising annoyance to anyone using the object they propose a blanket ban that will not stand and refer to baylaws that actually don't support it (I actually read them). Have a good time flying reasonably over all these beautiful places.
Thanks for that I will contact CAA. It will probably be a good idea to keep a copy of their reply with you while flying just incase there is any confrontation.

Thanks for that I will contact CAA. It will probably be a good idea to keep a copy of their reply with you while flying just incase there is any confrontation.
It's a good backup but in case of confrontation it's better to just pack up and go. Also stealthy approach works quit well.

Reactions: mavic53
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR