DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Castle Ruins in Hesse, Germany

MannysVoyage

Reactions
I really hope you enjoy the video as much I enjoyed filming and editing it..
I may have misjudged and used a higher ND Filter, but let me know what you think. Every comment, neg or pos, is welcome :)

The initial set of quick scenes seemed like a slide show gone amok. The quirky jumps like at 20 seconds I find distracting. Others may like these kind of things? But then you settled into a nice series of scenes, not too long, with decent transitions - quick dissolves and jump cuts, that worked well! If your video editor can do it, lifting the shadows might help in a number of scenes, but overall, lovely shots of a beautiful set of remains.

I thought I could add some suspense through the first quick shots, which also rhyme with the music. I also like the "quirky jumps" since they allow me to shorten the clip without having to cut it or just double the speed. I made this so the video doesn't get too long and boring. My computer is also outdated (it's a Mac mid 2014!) so video editing is at the moment not that easy and pretty time consuming. Hoping to get a new computer soon. Thank you for your constructive comments. I will try to get better at this :)

You can fix the jump problem with a 2 second transition. Transitions are interesting - watch some professional productions like an ad or movie, and see how they use them, and note how long individual scenes last. Most of the time they use jump cuts. Dissolves tend to be used to show a significant change, be it time, location etc., and would work well for a speed change too.
Video editors make it all too easy to use sophisticated transitions, but they don't tell is when or if we should use them! Most of the time we shouldn't. Just see how seldom they're used on TV.

Reactions: MannysVoyage
I enjoyed it for the variety of shots you used and the interesting subject matter. As for the production values and techniques, I guess it's all a learning curve! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: MannysVoyage
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty