DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE/FCC Smart Controller: What would happen if...

stephenomena

Reactions
Using the smart controller with a MA2 (DJI Fly App), what would happen if someone was to do the following...

1) Reset the SC
2) After it reboots, and you go through the setup process again, select an FCC region (Somewhere in the US) as your location.
3) Select a matching Time/Day zone with the new FCC Region chosen in step 2.
4) Run a VPN on your phone and select the same FCC region again.
5) Connect the smart controller to the hotspot on your phone.

Possible extra steps:

1) Completely disable location services on the smart controller.
2) Run the FakeGPS app to correlate with the region you selected as your location during setup.

Does anyone think that this might be a potential workaround as an FCC Mode Hack for the DJI Fly App?

I still think as soon as the drone gps determines home point and locks position, it will revert back...but what do I know. :p

I still think as soon as the drone gps determines home point and locks position, it will revert back...but what do I know. :p
If that were the case, how would the modded fly app for iOS bypass that?

So because the iOS modded fly app doesn't require anything else other than the app itself to enable FCC in a CE region, it might be safe to say that instigating CE/FCC modes have nothing to do with the drone, but everything to do with the app/controller.

I reset my SC this morning to give this a crack, but it was more of a soft reset which didn't take me back to the initial activation prompts of when i first turned it on.

Have looked around online to find some info on how to completely deactivate the SC, but no luck as yet.
If anybody knows how I can achieve a full reset & deactivation on the SC - I'm very keen to give it a run.

Also, if there's somebody out there that thinks my theory is nonsense, please tell me and help me to understand why this idea doesn't have legs.

I am new to all of this and got my drone certification two months ago. What does "SC and FCC " mean in the conversation?

SC - Smart Controller - The predecessor to the new RC Pro Controller
FCC - A regulatory body in the USA, the Federal Communication Commission. The Canadian equivalent would be the CRTC. I'm unsure of the equivalent elsewhere.
The FCC mark indicates that the radio control frequency transmitted to and back from the drone is below the limits specified by the Federal Communication Commission. Another you might see printed on the back of the controller and on the tag inside the drone shell is the CE mark - which is what we in Europe have to put up with - the control signal is considerably weaker with CE transmitters than with FCC transmitters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143