DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Channel Mode

CommanderKJDF

Reactions
hi all,
A question; when getting to fly and checking all the settings, what should the "transmission" mode be in? Auto or Manual? And why would it make a difference?
thanks, K

In the city will choose 5.8ghz for less possibilities to come in "fight" with other wifi signals.
In the open field will go at 2.4ghz for longer distance (ce model).
I leave it to auto but i am checking today and tommorow how well it will go with the signal at 5.8ghz in manual. I try to get at least 5 green lines next from the channel i use (161 at 5.8ghz).

I think it will be just fine to leave it on auto.

Reactions: CommanderKJDF
Strangely the DJI Fly has the channel mode defaulting to manual on start up which can cause issues, so you need to check it each time so that the optimum frequency and channel is selected

Easier to use Auto all the time, safer to have it default to this, not sure what the DJI thought process was.

that seemed to happen after the release of the MA2 and the last update ,it could be because the MM had two versions of the MM, the US one only had 5.8 but the CE versions had 2.4 and 5.8 and would select the best channels ,depending where you were flying, but now as you say every time you switch on the drone it reverts to manual ,i used to change it to auto ,but then decided not to bother and just go with what it chooses on start up, and have not had any issues with signal loss so far

that seemed to happen after the release of the MA2 and the last update ,it could be because the MM had two versions of the MM, the US one only had 5.8 but the CE versions had 2.4 and 5.8 and would select the best channels ,depending where you were flying, but now as you say every time you switch on the drone it reverts to manual ,i used to change it to auto ,but then decided not to bother and just go with what it chooses on start up, and have not had any issues with signal loss so far
Thanks I will check both out when I fly. Hopefully tomorrow weather permitting.

On startup, my mini is on auto, showing 5.8. Sometime in the ensuing 22 minutes of flight, it switched to 2.4. I normally fly around my home, maximum ht 40M, distance 30m. Yesterday was the first time I noticed it, and there were no issues in flying. I'm in a Class D zone.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiefl2006