DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging batteries via Power Bank

TerryToast

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Why doesn’t DJI have an option to change the MA2 batteries from USB, rather than just AC and Car?

I am going on a seven day hike and I’d like to charge the MA2 batteries via a few power banks, which are easy to carry along. I don’t think DJI gives me this option.

Weird, as my friend with a Mavic Mini can charge his batteries via a USB power bank. Yes I know they are smaller batteries, but I’d happily use bigger (or more) power banks.

Because it needs 35watts to charge. And there are only few chargers in the world cappable of that rate of charge. I own one, from Anker.
I bought a car inverter and thats it. But yes, it will be useful to charge the MA batts from an external battery.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I’ve got this portable charger I could use to charge a battery if needed. Doubt I’ll ever use it that way though.

F2C68DDC-3FDF-45C3-B22C-FDCA145F21A8.jpegBEB5DA40-0F1A-45D2-A5AD-631F1815C9D5.jpeg

Why doesn’t DJI have an option to change the MA2 batteries from USB, rather than just AC and Car?

I am going on a seven day hike and I’d like to charge the MA2 batteries via a few power banks, which are easy to carry along. I don’t think DJI gives me this option.

Weird, as my friend with a Mavic Mini can charge his batteries via a USB power bank. Yes I know they are smaller batteries, but I’d happily use bigger (or more) power banks.

Power banks are usually too low a voltage - just 5-Volts via USB. The car charger runs at 12-Volts, which is much closer to the battery voltage of 11.5-Volts. The mains charger runs at the maximum battery charge voltage of 13.2-Volts.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
Do you of I can use this with an Australian AC plug which is 240volts?
Sorry but no need to reply. I just read a really bad review (below) and so I’ll pass on this product.

This product is NOT 20,100mAh... it's not even close to that capacity. I purchased this to charge drone batteries in the field instead of buying multiple batteries at $90 a pop. I was expecting to get 5-6 Mavic Pro battery charges (3,800mAh each). In reality, I got ONE full charge, and that was it. To further test it, tried charging my ipad (8,800mAh). I should get 2+ charges, right? No. I got less than 40%. The power bank is extremely light; there's no way it could supply 20,100mAh worth of power. Do not buy this product. You will be dissappointed. Returning for a refund.

Sorry but no need to reply. I just read a really bad review (below) and so I’ll pass on this product.

This product is NOT 20,100mAh... it's not even close to that capacity. I purchased this to charge drone batteries in the field instead of buying multiple batteries at $90 a pop. I was expecting to get 5-6 Mavic Pro battery charges (3,800mAh each). In reality, I got ONE full charge, and that was it. To further test it, tried charging my ipad (8,800mAh). I should get 2+ charges, right? No. I got less than 40%. The power bank is extremely light; there's no way it could supply 20,100mAh worth of power. Do not buy this product. You will be dissappointed. Returning for a refund.

Sorry you got sucked into this con, they cannot produce that capacity. It is a common one in Australia and from dubious Chinese origins unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada