DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging hub question

heisnuts

Reactions
if I have 2 batteries charging on the hub, can a third battery be added to the hub while the 2 other batteries have already been “charging” for over 1 hour?

if I have 2 batteries charging on the hub, can a third battery be added to the hub while the 2 other batteries have already been “charging” for over 1 hour?
Yes, adding another on won’t hurt anything. They will just charge one at a time lowest first.

Thanks, everyone. I was able to add the third battery and the hub analyzed it for a second (the lights on the battery went on then off) and then it went back to charging the battery that was already in progress. At the same time I took the one battery that was already charged out of the hub with no apparent problems.

Reactions: whatthe2
I was looking for some information on battery charging hub dos and donts. I was surprised that these questions have not been asked a hundred times. :) . And even more surprised that there is no official info from DJI (that I can find through a few hours of searching)

From this thread I gather the following:
- it is ok to remove a battery from the charging hub that does not indicate that it is currently charging.
- adding a battery is ok even when the charging hub i connected and "powered on" either charging, or all other batteries are charging or fully charged, or no other batteries are connected to the hub.
- no need to power off the hub, unless you want to remove the battery that is currently being charged.

If anyone has a link to an official reply/manual going through the info above that would be great!

I was looking for some information on battery charging hub dos and donts. I was surprised that these questions have not been asked a hundred times. :) . And even more surprised that there is no official info from DJI (that I can find through a few hours of searching)

From this thread I gather the following:
- it is ok to remove a battery from the charging hub that does not indicate that it is currently charging.
- adding a battery is ok even when the charging hub i connected and "powered on" either charging, or all other batteries are charging or fully charged, or no other batteries are connected to the hub.
- no need to power off the hub, unless you want to remove the battery that is currently being charged.

If anyone has a link to an official reply/manual going through the info above that would be great!
It doesn't matter. So a discharged/charging/charged battery doesn't care whether you plug/unplug it all day long.
I regularly leave the first 2 charged batteries on charger while 3rd batt finishes up, no issues at all.....

page 7, MA2 Safety guidelines and Disclaimer:

(most people don't read this "in the box" item)

Last edited:
Ah yes.... one of the most discussed subject on this forum. :oops:

Ah yes.... one of the most discussed subject on this forum. :oops:
Is it? Then mighty Google is not able to find it. ?

@Marcass; I did read the link you provided and I read it again now. It does not mention what you should and not do when it comes to the charging hub. In fact, using the search function in the pdf, "charging" is only mentioned three times, and none of them discuss how to do a charge the "right" way.

Lipo batteries are so dangerous you want to be sure you are not making any mistakes. ?

Is it? Then mighty Google is not able to find it. ?

@Marcass; I did read the link you provided and I read it again now. It does not mention what you should and not do when it comes to the charging hub. In fact, using the search function in the pdf, "charging" is only mentioned three times, and none of them discuss how to do a charge the "right" way.

Lipo batteries are so dangerous you want to be sure you are not making any mistakes. ?
Exactly, it don't matter with DJI batteries, "smart" is in the name.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme