DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging mavic mini...

CaptainSpeedster

Reactions
So i just got my mavic mini. I see that it doesnt come with a power brick.
I saw that the minimum should be 5v 2A so i found a brick in my house with those specs and it is charging now.
I have my huawei supercharger that outputs-> 5V 2A or 4.5V 5A or 5V 4.5A.
I dont know which output would the drone use and is it safe for me to connect it to that brick or do i go and buy another?
Thanks

So i just got my mavic mini. I see that it doesnt come with a power brick.
I saw that the minimum should be 5v 2A so i found a brick in my house with those specs and it is charging now.
I have my huawei supercharger that outputs-> 5V 2A or 4.5V 5A or 5V 4.5A.
I dont know which output would the drone use and is it safe for me to connect it to that brick or do i go and buy another?
Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not the best on power needs but if you match the specs that the Mini needs you should be fine.

I'm sure others will be by with more information but generally these "smart" devices and batteries, will take what they need from supplies that might have additional power output. But again, you should be safe matching the specs. I probably used the charger that came with my Zoom but generally use whichever charger is convenient with the correct matching plug.

charger output on their website is " 12V 1.5 A / 9V 2A / 5V 3A " which is not that close to mine in terms of amperage and voltage but it is in terms of wattage, but i dont know if my higher amperage can fry the battery

The charger that's included with FMC is a QC2 compliant 18W charger. Those communicate with the device to negotiate higher wattage charging by raising the voltage. Same thing that most modern Android smartphones/tablets use. A standard USB charger is fine, it will just not rapid charge and take a little longer to complete a charge.

I could have sworn the charger I received rated 5v output at 2A rather than 3A.

Reactions: RMS001
I have the flymore charger but it only will charge one battery at a time and the controller at the same time.
I found online a Mavic Mini charger that you can plug in up to four Mini batteries and the controller which will all charge at the same time. Have used it a few times and love it’s versatility.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_