DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging RC Pro

Filmarik

Reactions
I thought that I can charge my RC Pro with my mobile phone charger but it would only charge to about 47%. The first green light starts flashing quickly and the charging process stalls. I realized that the USB-C imput voltage must be between 12V to 15V to achieve full charge of the controller for which the supplied USB-A to USB-C cable needs to be used. I did not know that (RTFM applies here🤦‍♂️). Apparently it is not advisable to charge the RC Pro with the USB -C cable hardwired to the AC wall charger used for charging the batteries.

The RC Pro can be fully charged using either of the USB C cables on the Mavic 3 charging brick. It will charge faster using the 65W orange lead with the hardwired thinner cable, but that is the one designed for the drone batteries. Works for me. No problems so far after 11 months . What exactly did the manual say?

The RC Pro can be fully charged using either of the USB C cables on the Mavic 3 charging brick. It will charge faster using the 65W orange lead with the hardwired thinner cable, but that is the one designed for the drone batteries. Works for me. No problems so far after 11 months . What exactly did the manual say?
It says that the controller needs to be charged with powersuply of no less than 12V output. I watched one of the Mavic 3 Mads Tech video on best practices for long lasting batteries and he recommends to "slow charge" the RC Pro with the supplied USB-A to USB-C cable. Interestingly the tiny letters on the brick charger state that the USB-A port is only 5V÷2A. Call me confused now because my mobile phone brick charger has exactly the same specs written on it....Regardless, the DJI brick does charge the controller fully with the supplied loose cable while my mobile phone brick charger does not. It only takes a bit longer than with the hardwired orange USB-C 65W cable.

Attachments

• 20221105_064054.jpg
    20221105_064054.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I ran a 65W car charger to it in Iceland and it was great, seemed to fill up nearly as fast as the wall charger. It even did decent on the bird batteries (in the bird) in a pinch.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The Mavic 3 is using USB-PD (power delivery) for charging and thus requires a charger that is built around this standard. I do not know the specifications of the RC Pro but I would expect that it also requires USB-PD.

It says that the controller needs to be charged with powersuply of no less than 12V output. I watched one of the Mavic 3 Mads Tech video on best practices for long lasting batteries and he recommends to "slow charge" the RC Pro with the supplied USB-A to USB-C cable. Interestingly the tiny letters on the brick charger state that the USB-A port is only 5V÷2A. Call me confused now because my mobile phone brick charger has exactly the same specs written on it....Regardless, the DJI brick does charge the controller fully with the supplied loose cable while my mobile phone brick charger does not. It only takes a bit longer than with the hardwired orange USB-C 65W cable.
Thanks for the clarification. I always charge the RC Pro with the USB-A to USB-C cable on the Mavic 3 charger. The hub is simultaneously plugged into the 65W USB-C cable with my depleted batteries in it, so I guess I have been doing it right!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian