DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging remote controler by car charger

yorgil

Reactions
I wonder how to charge my Mavic 2 Pro RC by car charger included in flight more package. This charger works fine to charge Mavic's battery but is it possible to charge RC with it?
And is it possible to charge RC with third party charger? I cant find any safe and sure information which cable I can use for it. Charging port in Mavic 2 RC is probably micro USB type A (rectangular one). And there is difference in voltage pins between type B and A USB connectors. So, can I find and buy somewhere correct cable I could use to charge RC from car charger or any third party charger?

I bought this car charger from Amazon: Fstop Labs Car Battery Charger Accessories for Use with DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Zoom,Triple Output (USB + 2 x Battery) with Safety Cover, Dual Battery Parallel Charger Amazon.com: Fstop Labs Car Battery Charger Accessories for Use with DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Zoom,Triple Output (USB + 2 x Battery) with Safety Cover, Dual Battery Parallel Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
It charges both batteries and the controller no problem. I just use a standard usb to usb mini connector to charge the controller. The same cable I keep in my truck to charge all of my non apple products. I feel like the mavic 2 came with this cable in the box but I just use whatever I can find in my truck and have had no compatibility issues.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ds67888 and yorgil
I wonder how to charge my Mavic 2 Pro RC by car charger included in flight more package. This charger works fine to charge Mavic's battery but is it possible to charge RC with it?
And is it possible to charge RC with third party charger? I cant find any safe and sure information which cable I can use for it. Charging port in Mavic 2 RC is probably micro USB type A (rectangular one). And there is difference in voltage pins between type B and A USB connectors. So, can I find and buy somewhere correct cable I could use to charge RC from car charger or any third party charger?

While I have not used a car charger with the remote, I go along with hactick - I used a standard usb B type cable to charge it and not the squared one it came with. Didn't seem to have any issues. Just make sure it is oriented correctly as that square port can be confusing.

Reactions: yorgil
I realized that I have a 110V standard electric plug in the back of my Ford C-Max Hybrid. Good for US use, but I'll be looking to another means when traveling around Ireland this summer.I've got some portable phone charging batteries, just need to get the right adapters.

Just make sure it is oriented correctly as that square port can be confusing.
With the RC "right side up" the bevels on the Micro USB will be up also. BEST suggestion is to use the bottom USB port to fly with and use a magnetic tip for charging. The link is to Amazon magnetic tip, choose the type you want
Put it in and leave it alone.

Last edited:
With the RC "right side up" the bevels on the Micro USB will be up also. BEST suggestion is to use the bottom USB port to fly with and use a magnetic tip for charging. The link is to Amazon magnetic tip, choose the type you want
Put it in and leave it alone.
Thank you, but can you put link again - this one seems to be broken

Reactions: Ds67888
The RC is simply a microusb port, any car/phone microusb charger should do the trick, some may be slower than others though.

Reactions: ff22 and yorgil
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929