DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging the battery and controller

tca

Reactions
I am new to the Mavic Air but not new to Drones.......my buddy told me that is was OK to leave your batteries and controller plugged in all the time...even if there will be a couple of days or week between flights....

Is this OK....if not...what is the best plan for charging these.

It isn't ideal to leave LiPo batteries on constant charge. Besides the constant charge, it isn't good to leave LiPo batteries at more than 60% charge state for extended periods of time.
The intelligent batteries will stop charging once they are full, and after 10 days of non-use, they will self discharge to about 60%.
After a month of inactivity they will "hibernate" meaning they completely shut off where you have to connect them to the charger to wake them up.
Every 1-3 months you'll want to check their charge to be sure they aren't below 30%.
RC should be treated the same way, though I don't believe it has the discharge function.

Some people have reported that keeping Mavic batteries at full charge can cause the battery to swell and cracks in the casing will develop as a result. Also that 10 day discharge mentioned above can be altered to discharge after fewer days within the DJIGO4 app.
No discharge function on the Remote Controller, but it discharges at a pretty steady rate even if not powered up.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Also that 10 day discharge mentioned above can be altered to discharge after fewer days within the DJIGO4 app.

I don't believe the Mavic Air batteries allow you to change this setting. It's permanently fixed at 10 days.

Reactions: fegan
Ahh another change from what settings are accessible within DJIGO4 with the Mavic Pro. but not the Mavic Air.

How often do updates come out for the Mavic Air

How often do updates come out for the Mavic Air

Not very often so far. I think there's only been one update (this past Sept 30th) since the Mavic Air hit the market back in February.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio