DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chased by a Cow that got out of the fence

WARNING : Not PC

Reminds me of the story of the young bull and old bull on a hill looking down on some cows grazing below them.
The young bull says, "What say we run down there and have our way with one of them."
The wiser old bull replies, "No, no, no. Let's walk down and have our way with all of them."

But then, I suppose, that would be a lot of bull.
thats ok Ken K heard that one myself not really bothered whether you believe me or not but i was working on the farm when the person was killed by the bull and that image will always be with me till i go to the grave i was trying to give advise in respect of the OPs original post

Ah cattle..

I live in the country. My neighbor has a pasture about 1/2 mile down the road. His stupid cattle get out at least once every couple of years and always seem to wander onto my property. One day I looked out the window and my house was surrounded by cattle :) Then I've gotta phone him to come and round them up.

Another time, just one cow got out. It was at night. It found its way to just outside my bedroom window and woke me up after midnight with the loudest MOOO you've ever heard.

Reactions: AMann and ChoccyBoy
thats ok Ken K heard that one myself not really bothered whether you believe me or not but i was working on the farm when the person was killed by the bull and that image will always be with me till i go to the grave i was trying to give advise in respect of the OPs original post

Oh no. I believe you!
I've worked around dairy cattle and horses for over 40 years, though mostly horses. I've seen some pretty nasty bulls and stallions that I wouldn't go near but never any attacks.
Actually, I wouldn't trust any fence or gate to protect me from a determined bull as I don't think most would slow him down much.

Reactions: old man mavic
Oh no. I believe you!
I've worked around dairy cattle and horses for over 40 years, though mostly horses. I've seen some pretty nasty bulls and stallions that I wouldn't go near but never any attacks.
Actually, I wouldn't trust any fence or gate to protect me from a determined bull as I don't think most would slow him down much.
thanks KEN it just seemed your reply was saying that i was making it up some things in life you never forget after the incident a police marksman from the fire arms squad was used to shoot the animal which in itself was a traumatic event and a considerable loss to my boss who owned the farm thankyou for getting back to me happy flying

thanks KEN it just seemed your reply was saying that i was making it up some things in life you never forget after the incident a police marksman from the fire arms squad was used to shoot the animal which in itself was a traumatic event and a considerable loss to my boss who owned the farm thankyou for getting back to me happy flying

All's OK.
But maybe a take-away from the two bulls story would be a different interpretation.
ie. The younger gets all excited and rushes off without planning or forethought, only ending up short of what could have been. The older, with a bit of life experience, studies the situation, plans appropriately and then carries out the mission successfully.
Kinda reminds me of many of the posts here in the forums.

Reactions: old man mavic
All's OK.
But maybe a take-away from the two bulls story would be a different interpretation.
ie. The younger gets all excited and rushes off without planning or forethought, only ending up short of what could have been. The older, with a bit of life experience, studies the situation, plans appropriately and then carries out the mission successfully.
well said KEN i think i misunderstood your reply and i apologise for that

Reactions: Ken K
All's OK.
Also sounds like a situation at work last week, that cost the young one an RGE.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925