DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheapest tablet for the MM

FishinJoe

Reactions
I was wondering what the cheapest tablet that will run the MM would be? Ever since I got my MM my phone has been caseless because it would not fit into the controller. I hate having my phone without a case and taking if off and on every time is not a logical solution for me. Maybe even some kind of aftermarket holder that you could recommend.

Thanks
Joe

Preferably a Android. I have always had Samsung phones so I am familiar with them. I will probably just use it for the Mini.

Honestly, and not trying to be mean or disrespectful, How hard is it to click a Icon? You have said your going to use this device as a stand alone DJI device....So WHY does it matter which you get. It is very simple. And trust me I went though this over 4 years ago when buying my first DJI. Apple works and it just plain works better with DJI as well. It would take me pages to explain why.

You don't need to know how to work or use a Apple anymore than understanding how to work a Android device. They both update and work the same. I don't like Apple..for reasons I won't get into, I use a Android device everyday..BUT.. I also am "Smart" enough to know to use a Apple for DJI.. this is well known for over 4 years at least...DJI and Apple work Flawlessly (devise wise).

I understand my Android OS, But in this instance again it doesn't matter. Open your flight app and that is all you reasonably have to worry about...which one works and which one gives issues in which version?.

I don't work for Apple (thank goodness), and again..I seriously hate their corporate structure and crap they do and how their structure and OS works (too much proprietary nonsense). But... Resale is outstanding..time line of products use is years out (not that Android isn't).. Again... trust me and 10's of thousands (If not 100's of thousands) have learned DJI and Apple is seamless.

Android can work and if you do your homework and have some knowledge..it works fine... but plug and play....Apple is a guarantee for those that don't know or care to do their homework. Just IMHO and tried and tested ;) I am days out from trying a 2020 Android new system..am I going to check if DJI works?..you betcha..do I think it will beat my 3 year old Apple I am using.. I have great doubts. Peace to all. Stay safe and happy flights and safe landing. :)

Last edited:
I was wondering what the cheapest tablet that will run the MM would be? Ever since I got my MM my phone has been caseless because it would not fit into the controller. I hate having my phone without a case and taking if off and on every time is not a logical solution for me. Maybe even some kind of aftermarket holder that you could recommend.

Thanks
Joe

Thanks
Joe

Hey Joe I use the pgytech tablet holder with my iPhone 8 Plus when I’m not using my IPad with the case still on it. I don’t know what kind of case u have but mine still fits.

Without a data plan, the only downside is the inability to use the google map feature? I assume that would also effect the “find my drone” feature?

Don't buy a Teclast P80X, I've bought one received this morning, wonderfull tablet but DJI Fly don't work! I've tried sideload this apkpure or another anternate app market, but the liveview remain all black :-(
Is there a way to test Litchi for free? I want to be sure it works before pay it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851