DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Chimney Rock & Lake Lure in the Heart of North Carolina Mountains

I am curious, does the flag get lowered at every sunset and raised at every dawn?

Not London, New York or Paris, but some quiet backyard in North Carolina. Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not that big on London, New York or Paris, but your quiet backyard in NC is lovely! Nice shooting

I was wondering if it's a hint they liked M's "Talk About Pop Music" from way back when I could hear.

you know what Dungstan? Well, in the contrary to London,Paris and New York I preferre by far the wonderfull locations you show us in your video ? Very nice and smooth shots of an amazing places!
cheers Paul

Thanks for your kind comments.

I was wondering if it's a hint they liked M's "Talk About Pop Music" from way back when I could hear.

Look out! I am officially derailing this thread! Sorry, MPone, you deserve better than this!

For a while I worked heavy manufacturing. We used pneumatic tools to build huge air conditioning units. Lots of sheet steel, self drilling screws and pop rivets. Once, I was helping a guy assemble some parts I was soon to need, and has he worked, he muttered, "Talk about -- POP rivets!"

"Oh!" I said. "I do that too! And I only heard the song once!"

Last edited:
I have no idea. I imagine they would if they want the flag to last longer.
For what it is worth, the American Flag flying rules are as follows;
Illumination Guidelines
Per Federal Flag Code, Section 2, paragraph (a), it is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

Speaking as an Eagle Scout (about 66 years ago!) , we were taught to never leave the flag out overnight or in inclement weather.
Dale
Miami

Reactions: MPone
Not sure of what you meant.
It's a song from then that contains the lyric "
New York, London, Paris, Munich
Everybody talk about pop musik
Talk about, pop musik"
When that came out I was not deaf.

For what it is worth, the American Flag flying rules are as follows;
Illumination Guidelines
Per Federal Flag Code, Section 2, paragraph (a), it is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

Speaking as an Eagle Scout (about 66 years ago!) , we were taught to never leave the flag out overnight or in inclement weather.
Dale
Miami

Thanks for the detail clarification.

Not London, New York or Paris, but some quiet backyard in North Carolina. Enjoy!

the same landscape to take a video when the sun is vertical.

You always do such a nice job of blending aerials and ground (or mountain) level shots. This is exactly the kind of videos I hope to create when I retire in a few years, especially if we move to Knoxville, TN as planned.

Great scenery and smoooth editing. Very nice.

A number of movies shot in that area. Last of the Mohicans for one. Most all the 'mountain ledge' scenes were shot there at Chimney Rock. Dirty Dancing was filmed in part at Lake Lure with famous dance scene shot at the hotel there including the 'lake lift'. Now we can add the MPone video to the list :)

Reactions: MPone and BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint