DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Chipping - St Bartholmew's Church

Paul Iddon

Reactions
St Bartholomew’s church was established before 1230, the tower being added around 1450 and was rebuilt in 1506, with chantries added to the north and south of the altar in 1519 and 1530. The font, dating from 1520, was a gift from the Bradley family of Bradley Hall and the family initials are on the shields decorating the sides.

The church was altered again in 1706 and in 1754 a west gallery was added for the choir and orchestra. John Wesley preached in the church in 1752 but was prevented from returning in 1753.

A major restoration was carried out in 1873 during which the west gallery was removed and the windows of the building were extensively restored, it is mostly due to this work that the fabric of the church is in such good condition.

The church stands on rising ground at the north-west side of the village and consists of chancel and nave with north and south aisles, south porch, west tower and a modern vestry at the northeast corner of the north aisle.

Chipping village is home to two wonderful pubs - The Sun Inn and Tilly’s - and the delightful Brabins village store and cafe.

Music by Enya: Atheir Ar Neamh

Paul.

Another good video!

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Very nice! Great looking place for a church! Really liked watching this one!

• Love
Very nice! Great looking place for a church! Really liked watching this one!

Thank you Darryl - I only made the decision to go at 1.30pm, and was there in half an hour, but it was worth the decision I think.

Paul.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Love your smooth, slow and purposeful flying and editing. Music was perfect. Would love to have a few stills of the inside of some of these churches blended in. Thanks for posting.

You did another great job. I liked the transitions between color and the sepia, the music was a perfect accompaniment, and the slow, reverent flying style was perfect. Thank you for this glimpse of Old England.

Love your smooth, slow and purposeful flying and editing. Music was perfect. Would love to have a few stills of the inside of some of these churches blended in. Thanks for posting.
You did another great job. I liked the transitions between color and the sepia, the music was a perfect accompaniment, and the slow, reverent flying style was perfect. Thank you for this glimpse of Old England.

Thanks Jim - all of the churches have not been open to access as far as ever I could determine, though I admit I didn't try to open any doors...

PHZ - thank you too - I do try to make the edit relevant and hopefully succeed more often than not.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954