DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Circle quick shot-erratic flight

G. Kelly

Reactions
Circle, helix, and boomerang quick shots on Mini 2–drone fails to track subject after initially working. After a few seconds the drone goes into erratic flight. When I began flying in April all quick shots worked perfectly. For the past two months these three quick shots are useless. Any ideas?

Circle, helix, and boomerang quick shots on Mini 2–drone fails to track subject after initially working. After a few seconds the drone goes into erratic flight. When I began flying in April all quick shots worked perfectly. For the past two months these three quick shots are useless. Any ideas?
Have you tried repeating one of the earlier subjects where you had good results? I've found some subjects really confuse quickshots on my Mini 3, such as one person in a group. Static, isolated subjects seem to give the best results.

My Mavic Mini lost the ability to do some quickshots after I updated DJI Fly, because the new version overloaded my iPad processor on those shots and it became erratic. It took a while for me to clue in what was happening, because the "overloaded processor" message just flashes and disappears so quickly.

Did you update DJI Fly between the shots working and not working? If you did that could well be the issue, either from processor overload or a bug affecting the Mini 2.

Have you tried repeating one of the earlier subjects where you had good results? I've found some subjects really confuse quickshots on my Mini 3, such as one person in a group. Static, isolated subjects seem to give the best results.

My Mavic Mini lost the ability to do some quickshots after I updated DJI Fly, because the new version overloaded my iPad processor on those shots and it became erratic. It took a while for me to clue in what was happening, because the "overloaded processor" message just flashes and disappears so quickly.

Did you update DJI Fly between the shots working and not working? If you did that could well be the issue, either from processor overload or a bug affecting the Mini 2.
Thanks again. All the updates for Fly happen automatically on my iPhone. The updates ruined circle, helix, and boomerang. I called DJI and was told I could send them the drone. I may do that when the weather gets bad as my year warranty is not up until February. I have seen people complain in the DJI Community threads about this issue. It Must be the software for Fly. Everything else about the Mini 2 is great. The RC controller is what has me thinking to suck it up and get a Mini 3.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Was there a time when the quick shots did work for you? Cheers from Wisconsin.
Cheers from Quebec…..2 out of 5,if I’m lucky,meaning no winds.If it’s windy it’s loosing track and the footage looks bad.I don’t use them much

Thanks again. All the updates for Fly happen automatically on my iPhone. The updates ruined circle, helix, and boomerang. I called DJI and was told I could send them the drone. I may do that when the weather gets bad as my year warranty is not up until February. I have seen people complain in the DJI Community threads about this issue. It Must be the software for Fly. Everything else about the Mini 2 is great. The RC controller is what has me thinking to suck it up and get a Mini 3.
I would turn off automatic updates.

I once had a trip ruined because of an automatic update overnight. I'd checked the night before that everything was updated, software and firmware, on device, aircraft, and batteries. Got up at 4 AM to get there in time for sunrise, only to see (when I went to launch) a message that a firmware update was required. No internet connection. No flying. :(

I also had an update seriously degrade Fly on my iPad Mini 4, so that now I get laggy video and touchy controls when I fly my Mavic Mini. It's usable, but not as usable as it was when I bought it. I used to think it was the Wifi connection, but then I caught a brief "processor overloaded" message on my iPad and when I checked DJI website I realized that my iPad is no longer rated as compatible with Fly. One of the updates I installed, which was mostly adding support for new drones, overloaded my now-obsolete device. I'm not happy that DJI basically obsoleted a piece of hardware with software.

Helix and circle are the shots that most overloaded my iPad when flying the MM. Can you try a faster device and see if that solves the problem?

I once had a trip ruined because of an automatic update overnight. I'd checked the night before that everything was updated, software and firmware, on device, aircraft, and batteries. Got up at 4 AM to get there in time for sunrise, only to see (when I went to launch) a message that a firmware update was required. No internet connection. No flying. :(

I also had an update seriously degrade Fly on my iPad Mini 4, so that now I get laggy video and touchy controls when I fly my Mavic Mini. It's usable, but not as usable as it was when I bought it. I used to think it was the Wifi connection, but then I caught a brief "processor overloaded" message on my iPad and when I checked DJI website I realized that my iPad is no longer rated as compatible with Fly. One of the updates I installed, which was mostly adding support for new drones, overloaded my now-obsolete device. I'm not happy that DJI basically obsoleted a piece of hardware with software.

Helix and circle are the shots that most overloaded my iPad when flying the MM. Can you try a faster device and see if that solves the problem?
I ignored all the updates in 2022 and I have an iPhone 12 Pro…..so I don’t think the device is the culprit here.I think because it’s so small it cannot handle a small breeze of wind

Your experience on the trip with no internet to do the update is maddening.

I fly with an iPhone 12 so that is a fast device. I guess I will just live with the issue. Maybe a DJI future update will address the problem.

Happy flying,
George

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair