DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Climbing James Peak with my new Mini 3 Pro!

Karlewski

Reactions
First time out in the wild with my Mini 3 Pro, I was happy with the performance, and being an avid climber, I really appreciate the size with all the features. The all in one controller is a step up as well in the quick easy deployment department. I thought the video came out great but, if size, weight and the convenience of an all in one controller do not make much of a difference for you. . . I'd stick with an Air 2s, very similar image quality, slightly better sensors, and WAY MORE BALLS, when it comes to snappy power and control. . .IMO

First time out in the wild with my Mini 3 Pro, I was happy with the performance, and being an avid climber, I really appreciate the size with all the features. The all in one controller is a step up as well in the quick easy deployment department. I thought the video came out great but, if size, weight and the convenience of an all in one controller do not make much of a difference for you. . . I'd stick with an Air 2s, very similar image quality, slightly better sensors, and WAY MORE BALLS, when it comes to snappy power and control. . .IMO
Mini 3 footage is looking good Karl!

@Karlewski nice video ,it seemed to cope with the altitude ok ,did that have much impact on battery life

Thanks guys! I was totally happy with its performance and have been consistently shocked how long the batteries last in general but I wasn’t keeping track of the time specifically. in all my high altitude experience I don’t think it’s more than a 20% loss Operating over 13,000 feet.

Reactions: old man mavic
hi my buddy Karl,

I like your new video very much, how could it be otherwise 😉
The bike is also a very cool vehicle, is that new?
I was also thrilled by the footage of the Mini 3 pro. The image quality ist top notch! And last but not least, of course, I liked the fantstic mountain world very much! The tour I would probably also manage ... maybein 3-4 days 😂...or even more 🙄
Thanks for the beautiful video and as always I look forward to the next!
Stay healthy and always have a safe step when you are on the road in your beloved mountains

cheers and have a nice weekend,
your buddy Paul

Another beautiful video Karl! I didn't know that my drone had a "Y" chromosome.
Dale

So if you hike or bike up a trial that is more than 400ft up in elevation here that is the MAX allowed by FAA off the ground You have to stop and land your drone to reset to the new elevation and then continue to do the same every 400 ft up in elevation even though you are 25ft of the ground because DJI will not readjust true elevation on the fly correct?

So glad you guys checked this one out! Not my most aggressive climb but beautiful and fun to test out the new toys, they worked well though the old air 2 is is a bit more on rails in all conditions. Those lakes are a major water supply source for my area truly beautiful. I have an awesome video of climbing all around them in technical terrain, one of my best IMO. I just completed one of the 4 most sought after 14’000er traverses and the video came out Amazing, really excited! I’ll put it up here but, only a bit of drone action due to Wilderness restrictions.
Bancroft, Parry and James Peak Summits, hiking from Loch Lomond! [4K UHD Cinematic]
My understanding is, obviously, VLOS and operating where the drone is always 400’ or less off the deck at it’s current location. I think for part 107 holders it can also be higher IF the drone is within 400’ of an object laterally. I did read that in the context of structure inspections and am not sure about terrain. Either way, manned aircraft safety is paramount and avoiding any reasonable flight path is best. My DJI flight altitude limit is 1,600’ on all my drones and only needs to be reset at that interval Which makes sense to me since seeing a drone over 2,000” is tough Anyway. . .
Big thanks my Brothers!

So glad you guys checked this one out! Not my most aggressive climb but beautiful and fun to test out the new toys, they worked well though the old air 2 is is a bit more on rails in all conditions. Those lakes are a major water supply source for my area truly beautiful. I have an awesome video of climbing all around them in technical terrain, one of my best IMO. I just completed one of the 4 most sought after 14’000er traverses and the video came out Amazing, really excited! I’ll put it up here but, only a bit of drone action due to Wilderness restrictions.
Bancroft, Parry and James Peak Summits, hiking from Loch Lomond! [4K UHD Cinematic]
My understanding is, obviously, VLOS and operating where the drone is always 400’ or less off the deck at it’s current location. I think for part 107 holders it can also be higher IF the drone is within 400’ of an object laterally. I did read that in the context of structure inspections and am not sure about terrain. Either way, manned aircraft safety is paramount and avoiding any reasonable flight path is best. My DJI flight altitude limit is 1,600’ on all my drones and only needs to be reset at that interval Which makes sense to me since seeing a drone over 2,000” is tough Anyway. . .
Big thanks my Brothers!
Well all I can say is that this video says it all and then some as least for me anyway.
Check it out and tell me if he missed something that you are more aware of do tell.
Above 400 Feet how and when?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada