DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close call flying in the mountains

Were you not watching the display, how did that happen?

I was watching but I was flying a Litchi mission. The drone didn't fly over this obstacle. Every flight is a learning experience.

As I was discussing with another member. We need to bear in mind that any altitude info is generally referenced to your take-off point. I guess as I haven't used Litchi much, that it also uses the take-offor starting point as a reference, so you'd need to make sure your obstacle clearance heights are entered accordingly.

As you say, thank goodness for obstacle avoidance, which my Air also has :)

Had a look at my Litchi online account and flight planning. There is an option to select elevation data, so the waypoints you make will be the decided number of feet above that point. That might be good for you.

2020-07-19_18h39_06.png 2020-07-19_18h43_08.png

Reactions: Geofff
As I was discussing with another member. We need to bear in mind that any altitude info is generally referenced to your take-off point. I guess as I haven't used Litchi much, that it also uses the take-offor starting point as a reference, so you'd need to make sure your obstacle clearance heights are entered accordingly.

Had a look at my Litchi online account and flight planning. There is an option to select elevation data, so the waypoints you make will be the decided number of feet above that point. That might be good for you.

View attachment 108278 View attachment 108279
There is still no substitute for looking at the screen

View attachment 108278 View attachment 108279
Here is a helpful video to use relative to ground in Litchi.

Reactions: PistonPete
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro