DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold Weather Enclosure and walkable - UnderTheWeather WalkingPods

Dougcjohn

Reactions
OK, new one on me... I guess with a little research it was on Shark Tank in 2017 and got a lot of excitement.
Each Winter, I freeze my hands.. fingers & thumbs get cold real quick on the sticks.
I'm always looking for some means to keep my hands warm (ears, nose, etc) on cold windy days.
I've looked at various RC Radio bags... simply not very functional with Tablet on RC.
I've even looked at a few pop-up Hatch-Tents for a temporary flight station...but it still requires you to walk outside.
Plus... what ever the device... needs to be quick to setup & take-down.

This thing... the "WalkingPod" looks absolutely ridiculous, BUT... so awesome functionality too!
It allows you to hold RC & Tablet in hand, while keeping arms, hands, face inside a warmer environment... a bubble.
They say it's about 35F warmer inside on cold days due to body heat.
Place a HandWarmer pack or Battery Hand Warmer inside or in pocket to help future.

Offered in 2 lengths... Reg & Tall. The Tall is 11" longer. Not sure why you need the tall, I'm 6'8" height and I like the Reg size so you can sit in a chair on-site while prepping for mission.
The Tall is more knee length... and if one can be critical in naivety, it's adds to the ridiculous look compared to the butt length of the regular. Walking around a city block consturction watching the drone; with a knee length neon yellow bubble... Nah! Now a Butt-Length... sure! Don't Judge! LOL!

Something to consider for the Cold Windy Days!
Also an Insect Version for the Ag or Ditch buggy days!

On their site, they sell quite a few interesting models for other purposes.

Under The Weather

walkingPod.png

WalkingPod3.png
walkingPod2.png

Last edited:
It was snowing this past February when we got our COVID vaccines. It took place in the parking lot of closed department store. The National Guard was managing the traffic flow when we captured this pic. Judging by his wave he was happy in his "shelter". So I guess you could say it is approved by the US Military.🎖

1639452244996.jpeg

Reactions: Dougcjohn
It was snowing this past February when we got our COVID vaccines. It took place in the parking lot of closed department store. The National Guard was managing the traffic flow when we captured this pic. Judging by his wave he was happy in his "shelter". So I guess you could say it is approved by the US Military.🎖
Wow! He does look content!
Keeping hands inside, able to walk and look up... warmth!

I ordered 1 of each to sample... Reg & Tall... Neon Yellow.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60