DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

COLORADO DRONE CHARGERS OFFERS MORE FLIGHT TIME WITH LESS BATTERIES.

"Hyper chargers" are notorious for heating the battery up too quickly and too hot a temperature which is unhealthy for the life of that battery. These quick chargers should only be used when needed in a mobile situation.
I would NEVER use this charger as a norm.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: rp6 and Mavikhan
"Hyper chargers" are notorious for heating the battery up too quickly and too hot a temperature which is unhealthy for the life of that battery. These quick chargers should only be used when needed in a mobile situation.
I would NEVER use this charger as a norm.
I tried clicking on the link in the OP and received a "details not found" page. A quick search finds the product at Home | Colorado Drone Chargers

It doesn't look like a "hyper charger", but it charges up to four batteries at the same time. This is handy, but I don't get the "more flight with less batteries" claim. If you use up 4 batteries in succession, you would still want to wait for them to cool down before trying to recharge them.

Reactions: The Droning Company
I tried clicking on the link in the OP and received a "details not found" page. A quick search finds the product at Home | Colorado Drone Chargers

It doesn't look like a "hyper charger", but it charges up to four batteries at the same time. This is handy, but I don't get the "more flight with less batteries" claim. If you use up 4 batteries in succession, you would still want to wait for them to cool down before trying to recharge them.
Thanks for the heads up. Link has been fixed

I guess maybe these would be functional in some commercial applications. But they don't make sense, at least not to me, for recreational flying

I'll just look at these chargers in terms of the Mavic 3, & batteries

start with the cost: essentially $800. That's about the cost of 4 'extra' Mavic 3 batteries. If you already have 3 M3 batteries, you can buy 4 more batteries and theoretically go out flying with over 5 hours of flying capacity. That seems more than enough to me

OR. you could buy a couple of small power packs...

plus an extra charging hub...and 3 extra batteries. And still have less into it than that suitcase charging solution. And those power packs could not only charge Mavic 3 batteries but all other drone batteries...plus devices, flashlights, etc.

I'm seeing that the Mavic 3 charging solution outputs at 17.6 volts...which happens to be the maximum voltage a Mavic 3 battery will accept. Now, I don't fully accept the arguments that maximum charging reduces the life of a battery. If it does, the impact will still be negligible because even a reduced life will still last several years and chances are pretty high people will have moved to other drone platforms

still, I have 2 of the power packs I linked and I have not really noticed any extra charging duration for batteries. I'm sure those Colorado systems charge a little faster but that's negligible impact for me. And my power packs don't max out input voltage.

but the other thing is those Colorado charging cases still need a power source. If you're 'out in the field' or out camping you need to plug them into a car/RV battery or a generator. If you do that, then you can simply get a 12V charge adapter for a fraction of the cost

as I said, I'm just a recreational flyer. My perspective is probably completely different than a commercial pilot. Those charging solutions might seem essential to somebody like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marko07