DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coming Home

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is an experiment/learning experience to take my post production skills to the next level in FCPX. Make sure you watch it all the way to the end. It’s kinda funny!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry to say ... but liked the intro & the ending best :D Thumbswayup
Thanks, and I agree! I don’t have any real interesting clips due to a lack of recent travel and bad weather. So I stuffed old clips in the middle as an excuse to try out the intro & end. They were most challenging. But fun!
?

This is an experiment/learning experience to take my post production skills to the next level in FCPX. Make sure you watch it all the way to the end. It’s kinda funny!

Fun to watch, great colors

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan

Hey that was really special! I loved it. Your whimsical opening and ending were brilliant, including the test pattern and the snoring. The filming was great- loved the slow pace, the music, the colors of the foliage, and the dining of the individual clips. I wish I had the skills in post production, and the techniques you used. I am using adobe Premiere Pro but really don't have those special transitions. I'm afraid to download those transitions software, so I just use the editing tools available on Premiere.

I enjoyed the video and music. One question - where did you find that TV test screen at the end with the Indian Chief ? In the 1950’s this would often suddenly appear during a broadcast sending waves of disappointment through the neighborhood kids gathered on our couch. Memories!

I enjoyed the video and music. One question - where did you find that TV test screen at the end with the Indian Chief ? In the 1950’s this would often suddenly appear during a broadcast sending waves of disappointment through the neighborhood kids gathered on our couch. Memories!
I was wondering that too. Fond memories of my growing up when TV was first released!! (I am 81 so that would have been around the 1950's since I recall seeing footage of the Korean War). So I just Googles "TV test screen, Indian," and voila!!! Here it isScreen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.23.51 PM.png

Hey that was really special! I loved it. Your whimsical opening and ending were brilliant, including the test pattern and the snoring. The filming was great- loved the slow pace, the music, the colors of the foliage, and the dining of the individual clips. I wish I had the skills in post production, and the techniques you used. I am using adobe Premiere Pro but really don't have those special transitions. I'm afraid to download those transitions software, so I just use the editing tools available on Premiere.
Thanks, Dale. This whole exercise was to really force me to get deeper into the functionality of Final Cut Pro X. There are a lot of functions I previously had not paid attention to or "pushed" that button. That's where the Intro and Ending came into play. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, then I had to figure out how.

My plan for future movies is to use the Intro and Ending, but modify them with different movies and outcomes.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of Premiere Pro, but I'm going to guess that it can do more than FCPX.

Thanks, Dale. This whole exercise was to really force me to get deeper into the functionality of Final Cut Pro X. There are a lot of functions I previously had not paid attention to or "pushed" that button. That's where the Intro and Ending came into play. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, then I had to figure out how.

My plan for future movies is to use the Intro and Ending, but modify them with different movies and outcomes.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of Premiere Pro, but I'm going to guess that it can do more than FCPX.
Like Photoshop, and Lightroom, with Premiere ProI know enough to get the job done, which is about 5% of the program!

I'm old enough to have experienced the original Indian test pattern when I was a kid. All the image clips for my Intro and Ending were captured from YouTube. Even some sound clips. It's amazing what's out there. I just did a search, and there it was. Then on my iMac Pro, I captured the video clip during YouTube playback, converted it to Apple ProRes 422 and imported it into my movie.

Like Photoshop, and Lightroom, with Premiere ProI know enough to get the job done, which is about 5% of the program!
Yeah, that's where I was. I'll bet I'm only 40% now. Still more button's to push. To give you an example, I did not know how to "sharpen" a video clip, or apply Masks. Amazing! But now I know. :)

Don't know if it is because YouTube is reducing the quality for a month to reduce bandwidth (see: HERE), but the fade-ins and fade-outs look poor-quality, sort of "blotchy" and pixelated. Probably looks better on your local screen. Loved the opening and closing. Beautiful colors.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reartemis