DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coming to Denver

LeeB

Reactions
I'll be visiting my son and his family over the Memorial Day weekend. Of course I'll be bringing my bird and hope to go fly and get some images of the beautiful CO landscape. He lives in Aurora, south east of the city. Any suggestions where to fly and, just as important, where not to fly. Any local regulations I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Aurora will be tough with DIA, Buckley AFB and Centennial all nearby. Head south around Castle Rock, or west of Sedalia up to the Platte River east of Deckers.

Aurora will be tough with DIA, Buckley AFB and Centennial all nearby. Head south around Castle Rock, or west of Sedalia up to the Platte River east of Deckers.
Thanks for these locations. They are south and west of my son's house off E Smoky Hill. They like to go to Evergreen, west of Red Rocks. All these locations look good for flying according to my first glance at Airmap. I'll check the sectionals before going.

Thanks for these locations. They are south and west of my son's house off E Smoky Hill. They like to go to Evergreen, west of Red Rocks. All these locations look good for flying according to my first glance at Airmap. I'll check the sectionals before going.

The Evergreen Lake area is a Denver City Park. Denver City Park rules are such that you cannot stand in the park and fly the drone. The lake is beautiful, and would make for some good imagery, so you should look for somewhere nearby to fly from.

Same for the parks along the 2 lane road between Morrison (Red Rocks) and Evergreen. Some great vistas in there, though, if you can find a safe pullout off the road that is not a city park.

Thanks for those details. I'm not surprised but haven't checked that level of detail.

Are there any drone clubs/CBO’s around Castle Rock, CO that anyone’s knows of?

If anyone would know, I would think the DJI store by Park Meadows would. (303) 502-2555

Hello all! I’m in Centennial. Where do you guys like to fly? I normally go to the regional park off of County Line Road and Colorado blvd... technically a NFZ class D. If you move 100-200 yards to the west and your good to go... Colorado Blvd seems to be right at the cut off line. Anyways, I’m always looking for good places to fly, any ideas?

The Platte River east of Deckers is pretty interesting for flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007