DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Calibration Question

Evo1668

Reactions
I know when and if I get compass calibration errors showing in Go4 when starting up the MA, i just usually do the calibration successfully and fly. I have never ignored the warning message, but would the MA still allow you to start the motors and take off?

The reason I ask, is that sometimes I just take the MA out with me when walking the dogs in open countryside and just use the hand gestures to take off and capture some shots of me and the pooches. The other day I went out walking the dogs over the same fields, but took the controller etc...with me and was going to take off from a similar spot not far from where I usually start the drone with Smart Capture, and saw that I had a compass calibration error in Go4. If you had a compass error just using smart capture, for one you wouldn't be aware of the warning, but is the MA intelligent enough to not allow the drone to take off, otherwise that could spell disaster...?

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I know when and if I get compass calibration errors showing in Go4 when starting up the MA, i just usually do the calibration successfully and fly. I have never ignored the warning message, but would the MA still allow you to start the motors and take off?

The reason I ask, is that sometimes I just take the MA out with me when walking the dogs in open countryside and just use the hand gestures to take off and capture some shots of me and the pooches. The other day I went out walking the dogs over the same fields, but took the controller etc...with me and was going to take off from a similar spot not far from where I usually start the drone with Smart Capture, and saw that I had a compass calibration error in Go4. If you had a compass error just using smart capture, for one you wouldn't be aware of the warning, but is the MA intelligent enough to not allow the drone to take off, otherwise that could spell disaster...?
Pretty sure it will not take off....in fact u will see yellow and red lights flashing in back

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickrock