DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error caused by iPad?

several feet 5’ or so
You would have to put the iPad quite close to the drone to cause an issue due to any magnetic effect of the iPad.
The issue is more likely something to do with the iOS app in the iPad behaving dirrerently to the Android app in your other device.

You would have to put the iPad quite close to the drone to cause an issue due to any magnetic effect of the iPad.
The issue is more likely something to do with the iOS app in the iPad behaving dirrerently to the Android app in your other device.
i won’t have to worry about it for long,i was at dji arizona yesterday and found the epson bt 300 glasses and plan to purchase them an a few days and hopefully will not have these compass issues anymore.

this was just so odd because i just bought the m2p and was using my note 9 without any problems until i ordered a tablet holder for the mav and my ipad thinking with the larger screen and the goggles re i recently purchased would make for a great flying experience then all of a sudden i had compass issues along with disconnecting problems that i never had with the note.

I don’t fly with an android device so I don’t know how the Go4 app looks on them but the iOS version is misleading with a calibrate button next to the compass’s normal report on the Go4 status page.
I’ve flown my original pro with iPad mini2 and 4 and only ever had a calibrate compass warning when I’ve started it up in a distorted magnetic field. Moving the drone away from whatever is causing the warning clears it with no calibration carried out.
The magnets in mini iPads can cause problems for the controller with the magnets distorting the field of the Hall sensors in the joysticks.

I don’t fly with an android device so I don’t know how the Go4 app looks on them but the iOS version is misleading with a calibrate button next to the compass’s normal report on the Go4 status page.
I’ve flown my original pro with iPad mini2 and 4 and only ever had a calibrate compass warning when I’ve started it up in a distorted magnetic field. Moving the drone away from whatever is causing the warning clears it with no calibration carried out.
The magnets in mini iPads can cause problems for the controller with the magnets distorting the field of the Hall sensors in the joysticks.
its definitely an odd occurrence but like i said the epson glasses will hopefully end these issues,they are hard wired to the rc and use a device that fits on the rc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta