DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass won't calibrate

Costa Rica Guy

Reactions
I recently had a crash and had my Mavic Pro repaired. I flew it once with no problems. The second time it keeps saying my compass needs calibrating and to make sure I am not near metal. I am not near metal and have done the rotation thing a few times but still get same warning. Drone will take off and fly, but needless to say, I won't go far

I have a similar issue. Most of the times it won't calibrate. It gives the warning during flight sinister every time I stop and move the gimbal. No idea how to solve it too...

I recently had a crash and had my Mavic Pro repaired. I flew it once with no problems. The second time it keeps saying my compass needs calibrating and to make sure I am not near metal. I am not near metal and have done the rotation thing a few times but still get same warning. Drone will take off and fly, but needless to say, I won't go far
What is the reading on the compass graph with in settings?
If you’re in the solid green, you should be good to go.
Also slowdown your movement during the calibration process.
Always turn counter clockwise.

Reactions: Costa Rica Guy
Does one of the compass read disconnected?

Good question. I will check this AM when I go out. Never even looked at that. I just get a red banner in the upper left corner that says "calibrate compass " and also mentions magnetic field. As I said before ...the drone still flies, but I am hesitant to go far

I have the same issue. I just had mine repaired from DJI and ever since I got it back I haven't been able to calibrate compass except once. I've done EVERYTHING to try to calibrate (open field NO METALS etc) I've even calibrated my IMU (Right terminology?) {The process where you calibrate drone by laying on various sides etc)

I have checked my compass visually on app when drone is on... It's pointing in the right direction even though I can't calibrate it.

I have the same issue. I just had mine repaired from DJI and ever since I got it back I haven't been able to calibrate compass except once. I've done EVERYTHING to try to calibrate (open field NO METALS etc) I've even calibrated my IMU (Right terminology?) {The process where you calibrate drone by laying on various sides etc)

I have checked my compass visually on app when drone is on... It's pointing in the right direction even though I can't calibrate it.
Is it reading disconnected?

I had also issues trying to calibrate compass of a brand new Mavic. Repeating the process slowly solved the problem.

hello mavic pilots, It just happened to me a week ago I crashed my mavic pro and after repairing the broken legs , it still wont calibrate the compass!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ