DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Constant "calibrate the gimbal" warning

kentdavidge

Reactions
The message "calibrate the gimbal" is showing in my DJI app for quite some time now, and doing the calibration won't make it go away. I haven't noticed any issue while in flight due to this, but I'm wondering if this is a reason for major concern. Any idea of what could be causing it?

Drone: Mini 3
Controller: RC - N1

Last edited:
I suggest providing some more information
1. Drone
2. What controller

Reactions: sarahb
The message "calibrate the gimbal" is showing in my DJI app for quite some time now, and doing the calibration won't make it go away. I haven't noticed any issue while in flight due to this, but I'm wondering if this is a reason for major concern. Any idea of what could be causing it?

Drone: Mini 3
Controller: RC - N1
Had any knocks or bangs to the front end of the drone? Might be a damaged data cable but first off I concur with Cafguy... check for physical debris in one of the gimbal joints, a slight grinding sensation when the gimbal is physically moved (not with the drone powered on!!) would suggest grit or dirt particles.

An example would be the gimbal of my Mavic 2 zoom, which threw exactly the same error at me. Close inspection showed that the backplate of the roll axis joint wasn't fitted properly on one side and was catching on the camera body... a spot of c/a glue and a little pressure sorted it out... all still good 5 years later (touch wood).

Had any knocks or bangs to the front end of the drone? Might be a damaged data cable but first off I concur with Cafguy... check for physical debris in one of the gimbal joints, a slight grinding sensation when the gimbal is physically moved (not with the drone powered on!!) would suggest grit or dirt particles.

An example would be the gimbal of my Mavic 2 zoom, which threw exactly the same error at me. Close inspection showed that the backplate of the roll axis joint wasn't fitted properly on one side and was catching on the camera body... a spot of c/a glue and a little pressure sorted it out... all still good 5 years later (touch wood).
Very interesting

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wforakerjr