DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Charging

Gazmg

Reactions
Anyone worked out a go around yet with an Android tablet ? or is it buy an i pad ? Thanks

I wouldn't be so concerned so as to buy an iPad. Controller can only deliver 500mA.

I dont like them,,,, but i didnt realize that you cannot stop the controller charging your tablet..Yes i do charge everything before i fly....

I thought if you connect IPad to controller via usb port bottom of controller that it won't then charge your Ipad or phone, that's how I connect mine!

I thought if you connect IPad to controller via usb port bottom of controller that it won't then charge your Ipad or phone, that's how I connect mine!
Yes thats what i thought i phone or i pad Not Android..i wont buy i phone or I pad over priced....

If you can solder, you can make a special USB cable to stop it charging. You need to strip the sheath off the cable without damaging the cores, then snip 1/2" out of the Vbus/+5V wire (usually red) and insert a 100 ohm resistor into the gap. Some phones/devices need a different value of resistor. Cover over with heatshrink. There's some videos on youtube if you search for "DJI controller charging phone".

You can't just snip the Vbus wire altogether as that's how it detects that the phone has been connected.

Anyone worked out a go around yet with an Android tablet ? or is it buy an i pad ? Thanks

If regular drone usage is draining your mobile, then you probably need a new mobile.

Because after 3 drone batteries in a fully charged note 8, I'm left with 70%.

Which is really good.

Try watching online streaming videos for 3 drone batteries worth...

If regular drone usage is draining your mobile, then you probably need a new mobile.

Because after 3 drone batteries in a fully charged note 8, I'm left with 70%.

Which is really good.

Try watching online streaming videos for 3 drone batteries worth...

Tablet is brand new just for the drone, so all apps that can be removed have been auto updates off etc etc.

Not enough info.
Sorry the tablet is a Huawei T3 Media tab.i have not stated it wont last three batteries ,the post was really is there a way of stopping it.if i can fly 5 batteries on it happy days.thanks for your help.

Thus model as reomended.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190110-181952_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190110-181952_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 11
Sorry the tablet is a Huawei T3 Media tab.i have not stated it wont last three batteries ,the post was really is there a way of stopping it.if i can fly 5 batteries on it happy days.thanks for your help.

The t3 is fairly new and on a 16 or so nm processor.

Or should easily last you 8 batteries.

If not, it'll require a deep dive into your situation.

Try & let us know.

----

I just checked the specs

28 nm and 2gb ram.

It's pretty close but I'd say at least 4 batteries.

Do you fly often where you consume 4 batteries per outing?

The t3 is fairly new and on a 16 or so nm processor.

Or should easily last you 8 batteries.

If not, it'll require a deep dive into your situation.

Try & let us know.

----

I just checked the specs

28 nm and 2gb ram.

It's pretty close but I'd say at least 4 batteries.

Do you fly often where you consume 4 batteries per outing?

To be fair not at the mo 4 max.....so should be okey thank you i let you Know....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload