DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Issue

bkushner

Reactions
I bought a brand new Mavic Air 2. Every time I go to fly when I start the controller it's beeping and needs to be calibrated. Surely this isn't normal?

Mine did that when it was new as well. If it happens now - which is rare - I turn the RC off and move the sticks around and then turn it back on and problem usually solved. I think the bigger ‘toggle balls’ (I’ll call them) on the MA2’s sticks go off center easier, thus generating this beeping. I found calibration did not help. Move them around to center them and good to go..

Reactions: hiflyer201
.... move the sticks around and then turn it back on and problem usually solved....
.... calibration did not help ....

Unlike the controller of M2 which uses magnetic sensors for detecting stick positions , variable potentiometers are used in the Air 2 controller . There are electrical contacts inside the potentiometers. If some of the contacts are dirty, moving the sticks around can usually clean up the contacts but the problem will likely come back again. Just my guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmilingOgre
It might be the batteries... I had the same issue with my Air 2.

I updated my Mavic before I flew, which updated battery firmware as well. BUT... only for the battery in the machine. The other two batteries had to be updated separately.

I don't know for sure whether that was the issue, but since my batteries have all gone through updates and one or two charging cycles, the problem stopped.

Unlike the controller of M2 which uses magnetic sensors for detecting stick positions , variable potentiometers are used in the Air 2 controller . There are electrical contacts inside the potentiometers. If some of the contacts are dirty, moving the sticks around can usually clean up the contacts but the problem will likely come back again. Just my guess.
Agreed. And there is a lot of surface area around the base of the sticks to allow bits of dust and debris to get into the works, so something to keep in mind. Probably an area that could use a light vacuum from time to time while moving the sticks all around.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I've never had that problem with the 2 but it's been a constant with two different controllers on my Mavic Air 1. A kindly soul on the forum mentioned the wiggle the sticks and gimbal trick and I'm a super happy camper! It completely solved my problem. Maybe it was Brockrock..many thanks in any case

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll