DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cooling Fan in Hanatora Charger - Bad Bearing - Fan Replacement

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The cooling fan in the power unit of my Hanatora charger started making all kinds of noise due to a bad bearing. The fan is a common size 25mm x 25mm x 10mm, and can be easily acquired from Amazon at low cost. There are several available... here's one I selected because it was shipped from Amazon (I didn't have to wait for it to come from China!). And as @SkyeHigh pointed out, mass quantities are needed because they do not last long.

Antrader 3-Pack 12V 0.1A 2Pin 25mm x25mm x10mm DC Small Mini Brushless Cooling Fan
by Antrader Direct
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P7DQ3VG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_ZFZ7XPKV867KBDPJDCEP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_9211.JPGIMG_9212.JPGIMG_9213.JPG

Last edited:
@RadioFlyerMan ,thanks for the heads up ,as you know i am a big Fan of your work, and your postings on the forum

Those 1” fans are notorious for failure. They have a cheap sleeve bearing that wears quickly. Unfortunately very few available with ball bearings due to its diminutive size.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Last edited:
I actually need to replace the fan in my smart controller. It's making a crap ton of noise also. :eek:
I design embedded PC/server hardware for a living. My go-to brand for cooling fans is Sunon. Their Maglev fans basically last for years.

Reactions: heightened_imagery
The cooling fan in the power unit of my Hanatora charger started making all kinds of noise due to a bad bearing. The fan is a common size 25mm x 25mm x 10mm, and can be easily acquired from Amazon at low cost. There are several available... here's one I selected because it was shipped from Amazon (I didn't have to wait for it to come from China!). And as @SkyeHigh pointed out, mass quantities are needed because they do not last long.

Antrader 3-Pack 12V 0.1A 2Pin 25mm x25mm x10mm DC Small Mini Brushless Cooling Fan
by Antrader Direct
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P7DQ3VG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_ZFZ7XPKV867KBDPJDCEP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 130849View attachment 130850View attachment 130851
Hi,

Looks like the current AC supply does not have a fan in it anymore.

Have you popped that battery charger module - I'm interested in proactively replacing that fan with a Mag-Lev fan.

Hi,

Looks like the current AC supply does not have a fan in it anymore.

Have you popped that battery charger module - I'm interested in proactively replacing that fan with a Mag-Lev fan.
That’s interesting. I did leave the case open during charging before I installed a new one in order to keep it cool. Seemed ok at the time.
I just noticed the new fan is already making noise. You might be better off with the Mag-Lev.

Have you popped this case?

1647540824485.png

I haven't figured out how to open this case yet.

Were there any part numbers on the fan that you replaced in the AC unit?

Beyond the physical size, the RPM, blade number/pitch etc. determines the CFM.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000