DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couldn't match same settings in Hyperlapse as Youtube tutorial.

Bunraku

Reactions
Hi

There is a youtube tutorial video of nightlapse where the guy uses a 2.5s shutter speed, with a 3 second interval and a length of 10 seconds.
However when i set my shutter speed to 2.5s the hyperlapse would not go to an interval below 5 seconds and a maximum length of 7 seconds.
The only way i could get a 3 second interval and a 10 second length was to change the shutter speed to 1 second.

Any idea why?

Link to video here and bear in mind it's the nightlapse and not the daylapse.

Thanks

Hi

There is a youtube tutorial video of nightlapse where the guy uses a 2.5s shutter speed, with a 3 second interval and a length of 10 seconds.
However when i set my shutter speed to 2.5s the hyperlapse would not go to an interval below 5 seconds and a maximum length of 7 seconds.
The only way i could get a 3 second interval and a 10 second length was to change the shutter speed to 1 second.

Any idea why?

Link to video here and bear in mind it's the nightlapse and not the daylapse.

Thanks
I had something similar happen (I've been trying to learn Hyperlapses also) and what I figured out was the duration of the final video that I set was not long enough to allow for longer shutter speeds, which is why it had to lessen the length. When I lengthened the duration, I was able to get the shutter speed length that I wanted. In other words, there was not enough duration of the final product to take hyperlapses with a longer shutter speed. Try making your duration longer and see if that helps. You can always shorten your hyperlapse later during editing.

Try setting up your waypoint hyperlapses with a fresh battery. I was getting this behavior and noticed the drone would only allow for 3-5 second sequences when I tried to set up the flight after flying around for roughly 10 minutes. Swapped out a battery and was able to setup the sequence at 8-10 seconds, save the flight, return and swap into a 3rd battery for the photos. I think the app is calculating the remaining battery into the sequence setup. Give it a try and see if this solves the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98