DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple Mini 3 ?'s Compared to Mavic 3 Pro

bkushner

Reactions
I bought a mini 3 and had a couple of ?'s.

1. How is it in the same location I get 32 satellites on the Mini 3 but only 21 on the Mavic 3?

2. I notice the Mini 3 Controller turns off bluetooth and wifi when the drone starts. Why does this happen on the Mini and not the Mavic 3...

Thanks

2. I notice the Mini 3 Controller turns off bluetooth and wifi when the drone starts. Why does this happen on the Mini and not the Mavic 3...
it seems when users started to report range problem, DJI didn't know the real cause of it (which was a bare bug in firmware), so they added this useless feature (turning off WiFi and BT) thinking it is the problem. Now, since they fixed the bug, I hope they will roll it back or at least give a choice in option.

check which satellite constellations the Mini 3 connects to, and see if its the same with the Mavic 3

Reactions: ssvdh66
@bkushner ,go in the specs for each drone in their respective online manuals and it will give you the info you want

I bought a mini 3 and had a couple of ?'s.

1. How is it in the same location I get 32 satellites on the Mini 3 but only 21 on the Mavic 3?

Thanks
Isn't that cause the Mavic 3 has the bum GPS? Thou checking my Mavic 3 logs I'm seeing about 28sats in-flight vs a solid 32 on the Mini 3.

@bkushner ,the number of satellites acquired, is always going to depend on your location, and the position of the satellites ,relative to any obstacles in their path, as they cross the sky and the time of day ,when the flight was done
the reason i said to look in the specs ,was to see which constellations of satellites, the drone was able to lock on too ,and to see if they were the same, i must admit that the Mini 3 pro does seem to have a very good ability ,to not only get satellites locked quickly ,but also the number of satellites ,i have seen 33 on several occasions

I've checked my flight logs and both M3 and M3P both seem to lock around the 20 sat, after climbing up and out the M3 reaches high 20s (28-29) and M3P low 30s (32), not a huge difference but the M3P seems to have the edge on satellites locks.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
@bkushner ,the number of satellites acquired, is always going to depend on your location, and the position of the satellites ,relative to any obstacles in their path, as they cross the sky and the time of day ,when the flight was done
the reason i said to look in the specs ,was to see which constellations of satellites, the drone was able to lock on too ,and to see if they were the same, i must admit that the Mini 3 pro does seem to have a very good ability ,to not only get satellites locked quickly ,but also the number of satellites ,i have seen 33 on several occasions

From the specs in the owner's manuals:
  • The Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 use the same satellite constellations: GPS, Beidou, and Galileo.
  • The Mini 2 and the Air 2S uses GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329