DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple of questions about filming with Mavic?

Bunraku

Reactions
Hi Guy

Couple of questions I have about filming with the Mavic.

I used to have a Phantom 3 Pro and i'll be honest I loved how it did all the work for me in full Auto Mode. I am not a professional photographer/cameraman so won't be doing anything in post about from editing parts out and posting to youtube etc.

1) I don't know whether I should take off and focus on something maybe 100ft away and tap AF once and leave it alone for the whole flight. I have seen some people recommend this. Or whether to tap to focus on my main subject or subjects as they change. This has a a noticeable sphincter puckering effect at the Tap. So what does everyone recommended when using AF as MF is not for me.

2) Whats everyones recommended sharpness settings? So many different opinions offered on youtube. I tried Landscape +1 style and it seemed really grainy/noisy, but maybe because I am shooting in 4k and only watching back on my PC. So if I keep at +1, would lowering the res to 2.7k help? I then tried Soft -1 and the ground/grass had no texture at all. Seems Standard 0 would be the way to go. So what are peoples thoughts.

Thank you for your replies.

Hi Guy

Couple of questions I have about filming with the Mavic.

I used to have a Phantom 3 Pro and i'll be honest I loved how it did all the work for me in full Auto Mode. I am not a professional photographer/cameraman so won't be doing anything in post about from editing parts out and posting to youtube etc.

1) I don't know whether I should take off and focus on something maybe 100ft away and tap AF once and leave it alone for the whole flight. I have seen some people recommend this. Or whether to tap to focus on my main subject or subjects as they change. This has a a noticeable sphincter puckering effect at the Tap. So what does everyone recommended when using AF as MF is not for me.

2) Whats everyones recommended sharpness settings? So many different opinions offered on youtube. I tried Landscape +1 style and it seemed really grainy/noisy, but maybe because I am shooting in 4k and only watching back on my PC. So if I keep at +1, would lowering the res to 2.7k help? I then tried Soft -1 and the ground/grass had no texture at all. Seems Standard 0 would be the way to go. So what are peoples thoughts.

Thank you for your replies.

My advice for number 1 is AF

Stay on default parameters for your question 2

I will add one advice, stay on 1080 30/60 fps. As you not post editing and just uploading on YouTube.. Do not use 4K. Seldom 2.7k

My 2 cents

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archanut