DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple questions... on Litchie

56_kruiser

Reactions
1. I gather it takes a while for an edited mission to update wherever you download it from on the hub. I was at home and did an edit, and maybe 40 minutes later I loaded it and ran. The edits were not there. How long should I expect to tallow for edits to get there?

2. I presume I should not expect to be able to modify a mission on the phone attached to the controller. At least I haven't been able to. I presume that is normal...computer needed, no?

1. I gather it takes a while for an edited mission to update wherever you download it from on the hub. I was at home and did an edit, and maybe 40 minutes later I loaded it and ran. The edits were not there. How long should I expect to tallow for edits to get there?

2. I presume I should not expect to be able to modify a mission on the phone attached to the controller. At least I haven't been able to. I presume that is normal...computer needed, no?
I noticed the apparent same thing recently. I had flown a mission, didn’t like it, went in and edited it and uploaded it to the cloud. When I loaded the mission on the phone the edits were not there. I decided to shut off the Litchi app altogether and then reload the mission. The edits were now in place.

So, I came home, and they were there. So it had been maybe an hour and a half.

Soo I made the edits I needed, loaded on a phone and they were instantly.

Got to the site with a different phone, and they were there, but getting another error. I'm going to start a separate thread on that.

With regard to editing on the phone attached to the controller: For some reason, I tried 3-4 times to edit one, and couldn't. Then loaded a different one, and it popped up a message "This file is locked. Do you want to unlock?", I said yes, and I could edit it.

So why doesn't it ask to unlock every time? Or what do I need to do to get it to do that so I can edit it?

Thoughts?

[EDIT]
By the way, regarding not getting updates: I did some edits with a laptop at the field I was flying, and saved, and wishing 5 minutes tried to load, the updates did not load up. I don't know what's up with that, but it sure makes the learning curve more frustrating.

Last edited:
So, I came home, and they were there. So it had been maybe an hour and a half.

Soo I made the edits I needed, loaded on a phone and they were instantly.

Got to the site with a different phone, and they were there, but getting another error. I'm going to start a separate thread on that.

With regard to editing on the phone attached to the controller: For some reason, I tried 3-4 times to edit one, and couldn't. Then loaded a different one, and it popped up a message "This file is locked. Do you want to unlock?", I said yes, and I could edit it.

So why doesn't it ask to unlock every time? Or what do I need to do to get it to do that so I can edit it?

Thoughts?
I just tried this on my iPhone 8 Plus. It was using the Verizon LTE network. I loaded a mission and verified that the “Unlocked” icon needed be active in order to edit a waypoint. As long as it was unlocked I could access and edit every option available on my PC. When I saved the mission and immediately opened it on my PC the edit was there. So at least in this case, connected to the cloud, you can edit waypoints, and have those edits be available on another device also connected to the cloud.

I just tried this on my iPhone 8 Plus. It was using the Verizon LTE network. I loaded a mission and verified that the “Unlocked” icon needed be active in order to edit a waypoint. As long as it was unlocked I could access and edit every option available on my PC. When I saved the mission and immediately opened it on my PC the edit was there. So at least in this case, connected to the cloud, you can edit waypoints, and have those edits be available on another device also connected to the cloud.
However, when going back to the phone after making changes to the mission on the PC I had to shut down and restart the Lichti app to see the changes.

Reactions: marklyn
I just bought Litchi but haven't used it yet so I'm a total Litchi Newbie, sorry.
Can you edit your map on a PC and save them to the cloud, then load them to both Android and iOS apps? Thanks for the patience for what was probably a dumb question.

However, when going back to the phone after making changes to the mission on the PC I had to shut down and restart the Lichti app to see the changes.

Are you saying that if you do not shut down Litchie on the phone (controller) that when you load a mission it does NOT show the changes? But when you close Litchie and start fresh, it does?

If so, that may be my issue. I've been experimenting, with some hiccoughs, not dumping Litchi. But I have found it to be finicky with regard to responding to the press on screen where the home button would normally be (especially after flying and getting an error) and having it exit the program. I've had to reboot the phone, and that's a pain.

I do wonder what I need to do to get the app on the phone to allow me to edit it there should I need to. OF maybe 15 attempts, only on came up with a prompt to unlock the mission in order to edit.

I just bought Litchi but haven't used it yet so I'm a total Litchi Newbie, sorry.
Can you edit your map on a PC and save them to the cloud, then load them to both Android and iOS apps? Thanks for the patience for what was probably a dumb question.

I expect the answer to you question to be yes. Certainly I do on Android.

Are you saying that if you do not shut down Litchie on the phone (controller) that when you load a mission it does NOT show the changes? But when you close Litchie and start fresh, it does?

If so, that may be my issue. I've been experimenting, with some hiccoughs, not dumping Litchi. But I have found it to be finicky with regard to responding to the press on screen where the home button would normally be (especially after flying and getting an error) and having it exit the program. I've had to reboot the phone, and that's a pain.

I do wonder what I need to do to get the app on the phone to allow me to edit it there should I need to. OF maybe 15 attempts, only on came up with a prompt to unlock the mission in order to edit.
Yes. My experience is shut down then restart the app on the phone and the edits are there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard