DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coverdrone Insurance, or others

sammackay23

Reactions
Morning all, Waiting on completing my A2 CofC next week and have been looking into commercial insurance. Whos everyone with? I read a lot of good reviews for Coverdrone UK. I did a quote with them for 1 year Mavic air 2 and it came in at £242? that a bit high? would I have filled in all the questions properly? Love to hear who people are with and what they are paying for commercial insurance with lost/flyaways etc included.

Thanks

Morning all, Waiting on completing my A2 CofC next week and have been looking into commercial insurance. Whos everyone with? I read a lot of good reviews for Coverdrone UK. I did a quote with them for 1 year Mavic air 2 and it came in at £242? that a bit high? would I have filled in all the questions properly? Love to hear who people are with and what they are paying for commercial insurance with lost/flyaways etc included.

Thanks
I was with them for a couple of years. The premium sounds about right. Although when I was insured with them, the cover wasn't for 1 specific drone because I had several that I used. The price was the same though. I let my PFCO laps a couple of years ago and haven't bothered going back into it. With all the new regs, I'm glad I didn't bother. Constantly having to update my operations manual became more trouble than it was worth... Never had a claim with coverdrone or anyone else for that matter, so I can't tell you how good they are at paying out. They seemed pretty professional though...

Reactions: sammackay23
That seems very high, I’ve got a Mini 2 and an Air 2 for about £100. I’ve cut down the cover so ground equipment isn’t covered, don’t see me crashing my controller. Check your total amount covered.

Just checked my policy and it was £96 for £1000 of airborne cover, nothing else. Since I’m never going to fly one drone at a time I’m probably over insured.

Just checked my policy and it was £96 for £1000 of airborne cover, nothing else. Since I’m never going to fly one drone at a time I’m probably over insured.
The cover you want to be looking for when flying commercially, is how much third party cover you have. Just incase you have an accident and damage property of seriously injure some third party. You want a minimum of £1,000,000 third party cover in the UK. In fact the CCA may have the minimum set higher than that now for commercial operations?

No the third party cover is included, should have made that clear. I actually have 2 third party policies. I’d imagine commercial use would be more expensive

Don‘t know about commercial cover, it’s not applicable to me. I’m sure you can add extras on.
Just looked at my policy and the wording is
’Full description of business :-
Owners and operators of Small Unmanned Aircraft (SUA)’
So it does mention a business but who knows exactly what that means?

I thought my quote was a bit high after seen some other posts on here, I don't think I had ground cover on that either. Ill redo it and see what I can come up with

Don‘t know about commercial cover, it’s not applicable to me. I’m sure you can add extras on.
Just looked at my policy and the wording is
’Full description of business :-
Owners and operators of Small Unmanned Aircraft (SUA)’
So it does mention a business but who knows exactly what that means?

When you first get a coverdrone quote it asks if you use a drone for commercial or recreational purposes.

Usually there's a pretty big cost difference so I would imagine you went for recreational.

I think that probably explains the price difference.

Ah well tried a few different options, sites for a quote. getting nothing under £220. Must be the going rate now

Ah well tried a few different options, sites for a quote. getting nothing under £220. Must be the going rate now
I might be wrong but I'm sure Coverdrone do a Pay-Per-Flight policy now. Not sure if it'd work out any cheaper. The trouble with commercial cover is, they throw a lot of stuff in that you may not need, which bangs the premium up. Such as you're covered if your equipment gets stolen from your car.... But you'll probably find that your car insurance will cover that anyway....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada