DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covers for the joysticks...

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi! I had good luck with my Mavic Mini keeping a cover on my joysticks so I could keep them attached all the time.

Is there consensus (or any strongly held beliefs, at least!) on the best such joystick cover for the Air 2?

Thanks!

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I suppose it depends on how you store it
Personally I think you're going to do damage eventually to the controller not taking them off.
After all it's literally a 3 second job for each one

I’m more afraid of losing them. And for whatever reason, it just irritates me every time I need to put them on.

I’m more afraid of losing them. And for whatever reason, it just irritates me every time I need to put them on.
Get the shortest m4 bolts you can and just use the head for the joystick.
Try it
I did
Was rubbish lol

Reactions: RobertR
I am with you Thmoore I bought one for my SC, protects the screen & prevents damage to the sticks.
I don't see how they would cause damage but I know I would lose a stick at some point if I removed them every time.

Removing the sticks saves quite a lot of space in the carrying bag. I use stick covers only on my MP because the sticks are not detachable

Coming from a Spark, I appreciate taking the sticks off and their little storage places.

Reactions: GARhythm
Get the shortest m4 bolts you can and just use the head for the joystick.
Try it
I did
Was rubbish lol

I ended up doing this to some M4 bolts, works great and feels nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_103419_2.jpg
    IMG_20200817_103419_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200817_103310_2 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200817_103310_2 (1).jpg
    899.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200817_103227_2.jpg
    IMG_20200817_103227_2.jpg
    708.2 KB · Views: 39
Lol, this probably doesn't count but i hate taking them off too and just wanted to protect them in my lay flat case... Just made a rough cut out lol.

Attachments

• 20200819_114727.jpg
    20200819_114727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
wow..come on folks it takes approximately 4-5 seconds to remove them...lol

wow..come on folks it takes approximately 4-5 seconds to remove them...lol
yes and you drop the bast----s in the grass and lose them ,mine stay on permanently....we need a stick protector .:rolleyes:

Reactions: pelagic_one
found some nasty looking 3d printed crap online thats all so far im guessing there will be decent ones out very soon.

I dont like the idea of laving them on and loading them up. I remove them and use the noodle., stops the rc from bouncing around and keeps the joysticks handy.

Attachments

• IMG_2836.jpg
    IMG_2836.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2837.jpg
    IMG_2837.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 29
So I went and bought the one cover is could find; here it is:

6ac999d4d132e3ae87505674b6aa991f.jpg

It works. It’s not at all flexible, but it takes advantage of the softness of the rubber on the sticks to grip itself tightly to the remote.

I will say that something I’d feared from the pictures is indeed the case in real life: It looks quite... anatomical... when it’s in place.

It works. It’s not at all flexible, but it takes advantage of the softness of the rubber on the sticks to grip itself tightly to the remote.

I will say that something I’d feared from the pictures is indeed the case in real life: It looks quite... anatomical... when it’s in place.
I just got the same. Great product...

yep looks like it was made on a home 3d printer.

Thingyverse has all kinds of stick protectors, sun visors and just about anything else you can think of for the MA2 and any other drone.
i printed up a stick protector, cost was about 25 cents.

Reactions: Thmoore
Cool! Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adha