DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash - Gimbal Calibrating Advice

Bulldog44

Reactions
I had a small crash 5 ft up going slow flew sideways into a tree I could not see. Nothing appeared damaged other than prop scuffs which I replaced. Gimbal was out of whack. I auto calibrated gimbal several times went back up and it looks fine then start to yaw and horizon goes off center - I manual adjust in flight and it holds for awhile until I make another yaw move and drifts off center. Maybe i need to adjust yaw manual calibration settings? I have refresh but I hate to send this in and possibly have a long wait on repair if necessary. Any suggestions on how to get my gimbal stable again without issues? Thanks for any suggestions

The refresh program is very fast. They either send you a new drone or a refurbished one. In either instance, it’s a very quick turnaround. In my case the turnaround was 5 days total. That was after I waited two weeks before deciding to send it in.

I had a small crash 5 ft up going slow flew sideways into a tree I could not see. Nothing appeared damaged other than prop scuffs which I replaced. Gimbal was out of whack. I auto calibrated gimbal several times went back up and it looks fine then start to yaw and horizon goes off center - I manual adjust in flight and it holds for awhile until I make another yaw move and drifts off center. Maybe i need to adjust yaw manual calibration settings? I have refresh but I hate to send this in and possibly have a long wait on repair if necessary. Any suggestions on how to get my gimbal stable again without issues? Thanks for any suggestions
Same thing happened to me few time while hovering few feet. suddenly it flew sideway & downward and straight away crashed. not sure what triggered that.

Same thing happened to me few time while hovering few feet. suddenly it flew sideway & downward and straight away crashed. not sure what triggered that.
I'd guess you didn't have a good GPS lock or in low light, and the drone went into ATTI mode - any slight gust of wind or prop wash,and away it went.

i thought so , because i was flying in a tight space (an alley between 2 buildings) for testing

Could it be you haven't put it in gimbal follow mode

Just a thought

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7