DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Crash site revisited to face the demons ... one year with Mini 2 anniversary in British Columbia

DMD Cine Attic

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com

A collection of aerial British Columbia footage stitched together into a short movie celebrating one year with DJI mini 2 drone that is sooo mighty in many ways, as is supernatural British Columbia. Early crash after the purchase left a mental scar and some broken Mini 2 "bones", naturally I had to revisit that location to face the demons :)) ... footage included.

A collection of aerial British Columbia footage stitched together into a short movie celebrating one year with DJI mini 2 drone that is sooo mighty in many ways, as is supernatural British Columbia. Early crash after the purchase left a mental scar and some broken Mini 2 "bones", naturally I had to revisit that location to face the demons :)) ... footage included.
I revisit my crash site every Monday to Friday in summer . Local golf course. That one branch that jumped out and got my P3A down is still there. Vey good video. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
Beautiful British Columbia as the license plate says. Those are some Epic shots. It's kind of hard to believe they are from a Mini 2. Well done!
I'd say that license plate is a gross understatement :)), in my opinion anyway. Yup, aerial all Mini 2, B-roll footage BMPCC4K. Thank you.

Fantastic views. The audio shows that you have a skill set that has been applied in enhancing the clips.

Transition photo within a photo adds to viewers attention in watching the video. A very good job both in flying and presentaton of the video.
What video editing software provided that effect?

Fantastic views. The audio shows that you have a skill set that has been applied in enhancing the clips.

Transition photo within a photo adds to viewers attention in watching the video. A very good job both in flying and presentaton of the video.
What video editing software provided that effect?
Glad you noticed the little play with audio sounds. I've been using Davinci Resolve Studio version, there is no preset for that effect (not that I know anyway), I created it in Fusion tab of Resolve. I had the idea what I wanted to do with this video and shot the scenes accordingly. I used to edit in Edius, switched to Resolve as it came with purchase of my Black magic camera, loving both. Now both my kids switched to Resolve with me and we're experimenting with it as a team :). Have a nice day and thank you for the kind words.

That’s a keeper 👍. Nice creative job…you can’t beat BC for its beauty eh?

BC, you bet eh :) Thanks.

Great job!
I like how you turned the crash into something positive and got back out there and tried again! Also some amazing footage!
I had no choice really :)), my wife was with me at the time of the crash, I had to go back. I remember her saying "Well that was not smart was it ". She enjoyed the video though, at least pretended to, even baked some cookies for the home premiere :). Thank you.

Reactions: dozzn
Hello DMD, I'll be going to Vancouver Island in about two weeks, would the scene at 1:24min be from Vancouver Island or anywhere nearby ? Any suggestions for places to fly ?

Hi, yes that location fairly close along the way, Howe sound, about 25min drive from West Vancouver heading to Whistler. That is if you take ferry from Horse shoe bay to Nanaimo. There are plenty of great sites on Vancouver Island, especially west coast, Toffino area, might be a bit windy though. Have a great trip and I'm looking forward to your footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh