DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash

Max Headroom

Reactions
I flew my new drone into a tree on its third outing but luckily it was a slow crash and after replacing all the props it was back in the air, i now keep away from trees while i learn to fly it properly as knowing my luck next time it would end up like this.

Do members have any horror stories like this -

1726776089468.png

Crashed in a tree 2 houses down the street. Could not find it even after activating the find my drone. I knew which tree it was in but there was too many leaves and it was around 50 feet high. Went back the 3 following days to look for it but to no avail so I activated a dji refresh. The same day I received the replacement, the neighbor called me and told me the drone fell off. A few learnings from this:
- Always write your phone number on the drone. That's how the neighbor found me
- Stay away from trees and if not possible, get out, go up above trees and fly freely at that altitude
- Be patient. In the end, gravity might help bring it back

Crashed in a tree 2 houses down the street. Could not find it even after activating the find my drone. I knew which tree it was in but there was too many leaves and it was around 50 feet high. Went back the 3 following days to look for it but to no avail so I activated a dji refresh. The same day I received the replacement, the neighbor called me and told me the drone fell off. A few learnings from this:
- Always write your phone number on the drone. That's how the neighbor found me
- Stay away from trees and if not possible, get out, go up above trees and fly freely at that altitude
- Be patient. In the end, gravity might help bring it back
Second tip also helps get better signal

I crashed my mini 2 a couple of days ago into a tree. I was bringing it down by eye and the sun got into my eyes. The first crash i have had in two years of having it. It got stuck up about 25ft and i was throwing sticks at it to get it down!!!! It eventually came down and broke an arm which i have repaired with glue and bicarbonate of soda. I also replaced all the blades as a precaution.

Attachments

• IMG_7666.png
    IMG_7666.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7667.jpeg
    IMG_7667.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Max Headroom
Well, I think I can, maybe, beat the first post.
I took my mini 4 obstacle avoidance for granted*. I also didn't realize how fast it can fly.
I did the tutorial. I decided the safest FIRST FLIGHT would be straight down the street, turn around and fly back.
My street curves at the end.
And there's a tree.
And I flew it straight into the tree about 35 feet up.
And it's sitting there, in the tree, as I type. Waiting til tomorrow when it's light out.

I just hope there's not too much damage when it comes down.

* Obstacle avoidance doesn't work at night.
** Awesome tip to write phone number (and email address) on the drone before flying.

Reactions: Max Headroom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr