DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

crashed and lost drone ! New drone and SD card and all the beautiful lost footage appeared on the new drone and card ?

Pacefast

Reactions
I crashed and lost my Air3 in Sardinia now sitting half way up a cliff above the sea ! The card holding some great footage up to that point !
This evening fired up the New Air3 with the new SD card which has 12 new files on it and to my total surprise all the files from Sardinia were there including the last crash flight !
Delighted I went to download these files tonight and back to 12 files showing again ?
Can someone explain and how to bring up these files again ?

The files were just stored in the cache on the controller. The actual files are on the SD card of the drone.

...and the cached files are substantially lower resolution. They're captured from the live view stream while you're flying.

Reactions: Mrktn and MS Coast
There may well be some low resolution photos in the actual .txt flight log on the controller/phone.
There are two ways in which I think you might be able to access them.
1) upload the relevant .txt flightlogs to airdata I have seen 'photos' displayed on, I think, the "general" page of of some logs but from there you will have to work out if they are more than thumbnails on your own, I have gone no further than that
2) download and install FlightReader,
images are visible when that processes an appropriate log but again I have gone no further than noting that they are shown.

I have no idea about video.

Will give it a go as I had some really stunning footage taken from a small motorboat along that Coast as well as the Drone entering a large cave
I always fly to a plan and configure accordingly!
The boat was too narrow and rocking to takeoff Land conventionally and hence both by hand !
The plan was to launch with OA off and fly low level over water filming 2 jetskis
The Jet Skis moved away so I now transitioned to a high flight intending to circle around a finger of rock rising 400 feet!
Normally I fly alone without disturbsnce but now I had a seven year old about to fall over ! Enough to lose sight of the Drone which appeared on the screen close to the rock pinnacle about 200 feet up and still with OA off !
I decided to circle the rock come out the other side and pick it up visually again !
Big mistake ! In the confusion I had not noticed the Camera was in zoom mode and way further out . It circled tight into some cliffs ending up on a ledge

Thought I would add this to show how easy it is to **** up

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
checksix